CCBC - N/W Fall 2012 Applicants - page 8
by Djsage13 47,214 Views | 455 Comments
Hello Everyone, I am applying to the CCBC Essex nights and weekends program for the fall of 2012. I am hearing all the stories about those either getting in or rejected for the Spring day program. Wanted to maybe start a... Read More
- 0Feb 8, '12 by Djsage13Wow, sorry to hear about your mother. I can't imagine how hard that must have been. But it shows a lot about your character that you came back an had amazing results. I really hope you get in. So where do you live that you're applying all the way near DC? What made you decide not to apply to CCBC again? Did you ever think about the LPN program? I can't believe how competitive CCBC is. I mean a 3.2 GPA is pretty darn good. I guess though that since they only accept 40 people it makes it that much more difficult. I would love to apply to Hopkins but 67K a year is insane.
- 0Feb 12, '12 by SB113Quote from Djsage13UMSON is in downtown Balto, I live in Abindgon No DC for me!! I decided to NOT apply to CCBC again once I was turned down. I made the decision right then and there to change my course of direction, and worked on my pre-reqs for the bachelor's program instead. No, never thought about LPN. I just know if I am rejected once again, I am applying again in the spring Hopkins has been a DREAM of mine since I was a kid! I can't stomach the cost either, plus, when I walked into UMSON I immediately felt...this is where I want to beWow, sorry to hear about your mother. I can't imagine how hard that must have been. So where do you live that you're applying all the way near DC? What made you decide not to apply to CCBC again? Did you ever think about the LPN program? I would love to apply to Hopkins but 67K a year is insane.
- 0Feb 13, '12 by Djsage13For some reason I thought you mentioned UM Shady Grove that's why I was thinking DC. I would love to go to UMSON. I was looking there but unfortunately I can only do nights and weekends. All the bachelor's programs around here are all day programs. I would need nutrition and chemistry too UMSON. You're definitely gonna have to let me know how it goes. I know what you mean about having a good feeling about a place and being set on going there. I really hope it works out for you.
- 0From what I've heard, they only use the 5 essential grades to determine the GPA. A&P1. A&P2, Micro, Eng101, and I think the Psy 101. I'm currently finishing A&P2 but my GPA for the other 4 classes is a 4.0. What I'm worried about is the fact that I am finishing three classes right now, A&P2, Psy104, and Soc101, so I only have 23 out of the 33 credits required. Also, I haven't taken classes at CCBC, I'm transferring from BCCC. I don't know if that is a huge factor. I just took my TEAS this week and I received an advanced status, 86.7%. I'm nervous because of previous posts where someone has said there really is no rhyme or reason to how they choose.
- 0That's a really good TEAS score. My sucked but just didn't feel like taking them over. Here is what CCBC uses. They actually use 3 GPAs. The 1st is your overall GPA, the 2nd GPA only includes Eng 101, Psych 101, A&P I and II and Micro. The last GPA they use is Eng. 101, 102, Psych 101, Psych 103, Soc 101, Speech, Math, A&P I and II and Micro. That is 2/3 of the scoring and the last 1/3 is your teas. And CCBC, like all other schools go give preference to those who took their pre reqs at CCBC. Hope that helps.
Did you apply anywhere else?
- 0I didn't apply anywhere else because CCBC was the closest college to me besides Maryland. I didn't want to do the BCCC program because they don't offer nights and weekends. Also, other colleges, such as Howard CC, require a different entrance exam, not the TEAS. My plan is to finish my Associates at CCBC and then to transfer to Maryland for the one year program, AA to BSN. I think this will be cheaper for me seeing as I really don't want a large amount of student loans and I can receive financial aid from FAFSA for the community college. I just hope my overall performance is enough to outshine the fact that I haven't been at CCBC and I haven't finished all of the pre-nursing requirements. :icon_roll