CCBC - N/W Fall 2012 Applicants - page 2
by Djsage13 | 49,363 Views | 455 Comments
Hello Everyone, I am applying to the CCBC Essex nights and weekends program for the fall of 2012. I am hearing all the stories about those either getting in or rejected for the Spring day program. Wanted to maybe start a... Read More
- 0Dec 2, '11 by BmoreRNsoonWell I guess I'll jus get my 30 credits and transfer to coppin because I don't wanna invest a year to ccbc its a goos school and everything but I rather attend coppin I know women there and as they say its not what you know its who....thanks djsage13 that help me a lot I didn't know you can do courses @ diffirent location and online I'm fulltime student so that helped me.Only if ccbc accepted more people in there rn program I would stay 2 bad 2 sad....it seems to be a hard and long nursing journey so lookn 4ward thanks again
- 0Dec 31, '11 by binnyblondeHey,
Sorry - it's been a while since I've been on here. I took MEISE - who did you take? - Micro was awesome - Got an A! How did you do? And I just took the TEAS last week. Oddly enough I did really good in the science section and just so so in the others. I'll probably retake it to see if I can get a higher score. Do you think the TEAS test is a big factor that weighs in on your acceptance or not?? Or do you think they look more at your grades???? It kind of doesn't make sense to take all the pre-reqs then have to take the TEAS on top of everything else you already did when they can see the grades you received in these subjects.Last edit by binnyblonde on Dec 31, '11
- 0Dec 31, '11 by Djsage13Hey, I was in Meise's class too. Did you happen to sit on the right hand side against the wall, wear glasses? I got an A in the class too, a 102%. That class rocked. So what did you get on the teas? I got a 74.7 and I'm trying to decide now whether or not to take them over. At the moment I'm thinking of not retaking them. I have a 3.8 so I think it may be good enough. What do you think? I believe that they evaluate us as 1/3 teas and 2/3 grades. And they especially look at the science classes.
- 0Jan 1, '12 by binnyblondeLOL! It's a small world! No that wasn't me. I actually sat at the front on the left hand side of the room next to a guy with glasses. I was about half asleep every time I came in :0) Meise is an awesome teacher. He was by far the best teacher I've ever had. That class ROCKED!
On the TEAS I got a total score of 72.7. I sucked at the math but somehow was still proficient, could have done better with the reading part but was running out of time and rushed through the last 12 questions - but to my surprise did awesome on the science part. -Did you feel rushed on the TEAS???? It seemed like there wasn't enough time.
As far as retaking the TEAS - my way of thinking about it is that this program sounds extremely competitive so any kind of edge you can get the better. I'm going to retake mine in hopes of a earning higher score. It couldn't hurt to retake the TEAS. If you do better and that is the extra leg up you need that helps get you in and makes the difference between getting accepted or rejected then it's money and time well spent.
- 0Jan 3, '12 by Djsage13You were in the first row? I was all the way in the back. That class was a fun class. I loved the labs. So do you have any more pre reqs or are you finished? I'm finished and this waiting till May is gonna suck. As far as the teas I did rush in the math part but the others I was ok on time. I did well on all but the science part. The weird thing is I did well on all the sections except one and for some reason it dropped my science section down dramatically. They said some sections are weighted more than others. I'm unsure whether or not to take it again. I may since there is nothing else to do this semester. Like you said it can't hurt. I just don't feel like studying for that crappy exam again. What's your GPA? Did you calculate the two GPAs that they use to evaluate us?
- 0Hey, I'm that guy with the glasses.I got a 3.14 on nursing prereq with Micro in progress;4.0 in Nursing requirements without taking Engl 102.I got a 90 on the TEAS which came out to Advanced. I've heard that a 92 is Exemplary. You can get a worksheet from Gwen Jones in the Essex Advising Office which will show you exactly how you stack up based on their point system. I was waitlisted and then got accepted in December. I think in my case the TEAS helped a lot.Doug Meise was great, I got an A too.oLast edit by Don1968 on Jan 12, '12 : Reason: mispelling