CCBC - N/W Fall 2012 Applicants - page 11
by Djsage13 47,181 Views | 455 Comments
Hello Everyone, I am applying to the CCBC Essex nights and weekends program for the fall of 2012. I am hearing all the stories about those either getting in or rejected for the Spring day program. Wanted to maybe start a... Read More
- 1Mar 16, '12 by Djsage13Man I typed a response and it got deleted. So here goes again. I was saying that I hated those damn teas. I think it's ridiculous that we have to take them. I mean we have to take the classes that are covered by the teas as pre reqs so our grades should speak for themselves. But I guess that's just another way to weed out people considering CCBC gets over 500 applicants. I just can't stand standardized tests.
I just hope these next 8 weeks go by fast. At least for you, you'll get responses from your schools throughout March and April which will help a lot. I know finding out about Harford was a huge relief for me. Hopefully you'll be able to get into your first choice. Fingers crossed!!!!
- 0Mar 28, '12 by Djsage13@nps07...so did you receive your postcard. I am sure you'll be receiving it soon. I heard the Catonsville program is really good. I have a friend in there now that absolutely loves the instructors! Good luck to you and to all of us waiting. Almost there...not really but soon! LOL
- 0Hey Greg.. It's been a while since I've logged onto allnurses. Congratulations on getting accepted into Harford! Hopefully CCBC will pull through for you :0)
Were we supposed to get anything else in the mail? I never did...I only got the white postcard in the beginning telling me that they had not received my TEAS test score... when they had. They said they had everything that they needed.
Have you or anyone heard anything more from the school?
- 0Quote from binnyblondeIt was super long last year! I applied last spring and was rejected. To give you a time frame of how long it could potentially be... I saw my status change on SIMON on the night of a final, so that was around what, the second week of May? But... that was also when they threw out that mandate about in-county tuition so from what I heard, they had to stop the review process altogether, not to mention they updated their computer systems or something, so it took awhile plus there were a ton of glitches for them. Also, keep in mind there are generally hundreds of applications to review! When I applied last year, there were around 500 people who applied between the two campuses. It's absolutely nuts! I can't even imagine the amount of stress they're under with that many applications!I can't believe that it really takes that long.
- 0I can only imagine the stress they are under. And on top of sorting through all of the applicants they have to deal with a bunch of crazy neurotic people all calling or emailing to ask the same questions over and over! LOL! - Ahem... I guess I am at least speaking for myself :spin:
I just really wish they could do it faster. It seems like at least a few other schools let you know something sooner. I know 2 people that attend other schools in 2 different counties and they have already received their acceptance letters.
Do they tell you what you were rejected for? I am mentally preparing myself for if I don't get in this first round....but I'm still gonna feel devastated! LOL!