Quote from shanzie81
Ive gotten accepted into BCCC nursing program for Spring 2012. I am really anxious and want to be prepared for the first semester. Any advice you can give? Can you tell me what is most challenging? Should I be reading before the program starts and what should I be reading? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Hi... I would first like to say congratulations on your acceptance into the program... I did not accept my seat at BCCC because I was accepted into the E/W program at CCBC.
1. My first bit of advice is to refresh yourself with A&P2 because it will help a great deal.
2. If you do not already know try to learn how to take a manual BP.
3.Read up on how to write nursing care plans and nursing diagnosis. Will really help if you have general information and basics.
4. But really#1 gets the Fundamentals of success book 2nd edition by Nugent.
5. Get a dosage calculations book I have a 7th edition and just go over the basics.
6. Relax and rest up now, enjoy your family and friends now because the time commitment is no joke.
Hope this helps and if you have any other questions let me know, I will try my best to answer.