Graduated, Licensed, and Job Offer - Page 2Register Today!
- Mar 23, '11 by ctotheyQuote from ♪♫ in my ♥Thanks - will do! Other people in the bizz have told me the same - in terms of not letting them know my ultimate goal. On one hand I'd like to be honest and let people know, on the other, I'm old and I'm trying to reach my goal as soon as possible...Well for one, don't mention your goal. The hospital has no interest in hiring you, incurring the enormous cost of getting you up to speed in the ICU, and then having you bail out for CRNA school.
Beyond that, network like crazy and rock 'em during clinicals... and pray to whatever gods you fancy, rub a rabbit's foot, cross your fingers and hope for the best... and pick a nursing school with several large hospitals around.
And hope the economy makes a drastic turnaround in the next couple of years... er, see that part about the gods and the rabbit's foot.
- Mar 24, '11 by dedicatedoneCongrats!!! After reading so many stories on this message board about people who are having a difficult time finding a position, I was getting very scarred for my future. Stories like yours give others motivation to get out there and try again. Very happy for you!
- Mar 24, '11 by jdchisolm68That's great...41 here, finish my pre-req this fall and start the bsn program (hopefully) next year.....many years of being a corporate wannabe led me here and I couldn't be happier...until I read your post!!...congrats!!
- Mar 24, '11 by That GuyQuote from dedicatedoneI was hired before school was even over, before my NCLEX and before graduation. They said my demeanor and skill during clinicals played a huge part in knowing they wanted me. Finding jobs can be easy, you just have to be the big fish in a little sea. Rock it hard at clinicals like it is a job interview!Congrats!!! After reading so many stories on this message board about people who are having a difficult time finding a position, I was getting very scarred for my future. Stories like yours give others motivation to get out there and try again. Very happy for you!
- Aug 25, '11 by BeachsideNicThanx for the great post... Hows the job going? I'm 42 and have applied for 6 nursing programs for the Spring of 2012. I'm glad to see that us geezers have a chance... I have always believed that our experienced and seasoned souls have a lot to give in the field of nursing.
Thanks for sharing...
- Aug 26, '11 by pedro2012Nice stories! gives me hope! Im about to start an ADN program in 3 weeks and I'll be 35 when I graduate. no med experience here what soever.
- Sep 1, '11 by dynoboyThat's awesome!!! I will be graduating in May at 36 years old and feel like my age is a leg up in a new nursing pool of twenty somethings. Good luck out there.
- Sep 1, '11 by swoods72congrats