Failing nursing schoolRegister Today!
- by rob luu May 17, '11Hey everyone, so of right now I'm in my third semester of nursing school and it's definitely been the hardest semester yet, I'm borderline in two classes and considering I might fail. How hard would it be for me to get back into another program if I failed and what other options could I take??? Any help
- May 17, '11 by ktsummarSorry to hear that. Hopefully you can get thru. I am sure every school has different options. My school will let you reenter one time at the beginning of the semester you flunk out of. Not sure about others. Best of luck to you.
- May 18, '11 by Bob_N_VAI feel for ya. I am also right near the end of the 3rd term, and am having a time with Mother-Baby. Its just not a guy friendly class, but you do what you can.
Really can't say what your schools options are. My suggestion would be to go talk with each instructor and see what they suggest. Kick it in the ass a bit with the studying and see if you can pull out of this nosedive. Any folks in class that you can do some study sessions with? Good luck, its better to get through this term than to have to fall back or worse.
- May 23, '11 by GiantJerkDon't give up! Don't quit! Make them drag you out of the program kicking and screaming.
- May 23, '11 by Dmoore05I failed out of nursing school in my first semester. The way my school did it was I had to reapply to the program. I got back in and had to repeat the class that I failed. I just graduated May 5th 2011, with a 3.4GPA - Hand in there. I hope you can make it, but if you don't, then don't give up!
- Jun 28, '11 by docomoeveryone has their bad or nightmare courses... if you fail immediatly get into another program. not hard at all... lots of students that failed out of my school went right into another school next semester.
- Jul 6, '11 by Rob72Your school policy can make or break you. We had to have a passing test average, which, if maintained, was averaged in with practicum and assignments. I barely passed the tests, but did all of the work and breezed through clinicals. Our instructors liked to take NCLEX prep questions and "change" them. Worked great validating the rationales.
Hang in there.
- Jul 23, '11 by cpl_dvldogYour school and how many schools are in your location will be a factor in what happens. We had many fail the third semester and none got into another nursing program. There are 3 Jr. colleges and 3 Univ. programs within driving distance. Some went into an LPN program, and a couple were able to get back into the same program they failed out of a year later. This school only starts one class a year.