Medical assistant??? Help please.... - Page 2Register Today!
- Jul 3, '07 by Crux1024Quote from ImissthefallWhat does per diem mean?
Per diem stands for "per day" (I think, in latin, lol) But it means she works as needed on a day by day basis.
- Jul 11, '07 by nursing twinHi, I have been working per diem as a CNA while going to school. I work at a facility that seems to always have openings and I have picked my hours. It's worked great for me. I have found that hospitals pay less than the facilty I work at. Also they have more requirements about holidays and at least one weekend a month. I really enjoy the rehab facilities because they seem to go along with med-surg. I learned about CPM and cryocuffs used for total knee replacements. Depending on where you live in maine I would totally recommend the cedars to work at.
- Aug 7, '07 by shyone2005cna's where i work makes about 20 dollars... ma's they work in clinics and around the same pay as well..
- Nov 28, '07 by jamessheridanjrI need help...I'm about to start my MA program on Tuesday. What do I have to look forward to?
- Dec 20, '07 by LWellQuote from jamessheridanjrIf you look on the MA forums of Indeed.com,you will get a pretty good idea of what it can be like after graduation. It can be incredibly hard to find a job if you do not get hired in to where you did your externship at. All of these offices are insisting on experience. Choose your externship site wisely.I need help...I'm about to start my MA program on Tuesday. What do I have to look forward to?
- Mar 5, '08 by jelorde37my friend is a registry cna and she makes almost as much as i do as an lvn. she makes 18 duckets per hour but the draw back is that shes always working in a different facility most of the time.
- Apr 30, '11 by jolene89hi, i live in california and am currently doing a M.A course, im going to kaplan college. they give you the choice of getting your diploma at the end or you can pay to be a R.M.A (registered medical assistant) or a C.M.A (certified medical assistant) the program im in takes 9 months we have 9 different books and go onto externship after (externship is where you work in a clinic or hospital for free for 120 hours) here the lowest we get payed is 12 an hour and highest is 24 an hour depending what facility you work at. id perfer C.M.A over C.N.A i think CNAs dont get payed as much as they should and they do alot, i love going to school, eventually i want to become a R.N but figured i would start lower in the chain lol since there are waiting lists for the nursing classes we'll good ,luck