Working mom AND student?Register Today!
- by sbear24 Sep 14, '12anybody else starting an lpn course while also holding down a full-time job AND having a child/children? i haven't seen a specific thread for this in the first several pages on here...i know i can't be the only person attempting this...i'd appreciate any suggestions from anyone that's already pulled it off, or i'm-in-the-same-boat from anybody else about to start also...thanks!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=784967©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 796 Views
- Sep 14, '12 by ColleenRN2BYup! I'm finished with school now, but when I started nursing school I had 4 kids at home, the youngest was nursing. I worked FT all through school--5 years worth. I did nights and weekends for school, took online classes every summer so it would lighten my load during the school year. I worked 34 hours a week, which is considered FT at my office
- Sep 14, '12 by mom2many2012I work PT, but, we have 7 kids living under our roof, and a husband that is i the National Guard, so he's away often. The laundry tends to be a job in itself . Keep telling yourself you are doing this for you and for them. Take it one day at a time, one test at a time and you will be graduating as soon as you know it. Good luck!
- Sep 14, '12 by ASPIRING2BGREATWow, you 2 ladies above are some troopers! And, I complain about 3 at home. Not much to advise you of because i'm in the same boat. I'm sure you'll figure it out and do fine just as the ladies above has.
Good luck to all!
- Sep 15, '12 by kristin6727I work full-time with 3 kids, ages 7, 5 and 2, and currently due with my 4th child in 3 weeks. So far it has not been too bad, but I just started 2 weeks ago. I will say that my kids get along pretty well together, so they spend a lot of time playing. During their play time, I try to study. It is hard and I feel bad studying so much, but I just keep thinking of the future. I will not have to work 40 hours a week and go to school 3-4 nights a week when I am done. It will just be 1 job, and most likely will not be as much as I am working now, so I will have more time with them. It is hard now, but it WILL be better when it is over.