Starting LPN school with no college t all out of high school for 6 years
- 0Jul 7, '11 by worriedmommy2Hello Everyone! I am 26 year old mother of two kids ages 6 and 2. I stay at home full time with the kids(the 6 yr old is going into 1st grade) I have not taken any college classes at all and it has been 6 years since highschool...My LPN school does not require any pre-reqs at all..I did have to take the TEAS test and interview! My question is that if I have never taken a college class befor will I be able to take in the info? I am worried that it might be too hard since I havnt had any prior college experience
- 4Jul 7, '11 by SylverGurlI graduated from high school in 2001! And I just graduated LPN school in June! With honors! You can do it, girlfriend!
While in school I juggled hubby, child, and job. Its a lot of info and dedication, but it can be done.
- 0Jul 7, '11 by Busymom2dayworriedmommy2, Wow! That's pretty much my same story. I just turned 30, I have been a stay at home mom to a 6 1/2 year old and a 3 1/2 year old for 6 1/2 years. I'm starting school August 1st. It's all I think about! I worry about my kids, my house, my husband, studying, how will I ever get it all done!?! I guess I don't have any advice for you, just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. We should keep in touch and be each other's support! (In any free time that we might have) Good luck to you!
- 0Thank you both for your quick responses! I will be starting my program July 26th! It is 3nights a week from 430-930 and clinicals are every other Saturday AND Sunday from 6:30-4:30...It is an 18mo program! Just very nervous yet excited!!! Also I never really applied myself while in high school. However I feel now that I am older and have my priorities straight I will def be giving this my all! I am worried about study skills tho too...Honestly I dont think I have ever actually studied for a big exam....grr as u all can notice I worry about EVERYTHING!!!!
sylvergurl-congrats on graduating...how was the NCLEX? did u feel prepared?
busymom2day-good luck with school!!!
- 0Jul 8, '11 by SylverGurlNo havent taken the test yet...but I have mini strokes when I think about it!
Anyway, just find some good study partners. I was in a 14 month program, Monday through Friday, 7:30 - 1:30. And I still worked! It was ROUGH. Tests all the time. Everyone cried at some point in time in the program lol!
Everyone sacrificed things. But it was also fun. I'm excited for all of you about to start school!
- 1Jul 8, '11 by Randa MYou can do it. I am nervous also even though I have had two years of college. I was taking all my prereq's for the RN program and then decided to do CNA andLPN first. I just got a job as a CNA full time nights starting Monday for orientation and the I will be starting the LPN program on the 20th of July. I am super nervous. I also have two lil kids ages 3 in August and 4 1/2 (5 in Jan). I see alot of discouragement about working but it's just not possible these days. It is nice to see al the encouraging responses on here. yeah: