What I wish I had known BEFORE starting my LPN program:
1) Nutrition WILL come back to haunt you... know it, and know it well.
2) Stay out of the drama
3) Get on the good side of your professors.
4) Study from the beginning, and don't let yourself move on to a new concept until you REALLY grasp the first concept. It's like a lego tower... each concept builds on each other. You must get the first concept to truly understand the second.
5) Don't freak out about your first check off (usually vitals). You have my unconditional guarantee... in one year when you're graduating you WILL look back at yourself and laugh. Piece of cake.
6) Nursing is ADDICTING. You will love it and want more of it... you will want ALL of the good experiences... you will want to see and hear and touch and experience everything that it has to offer.
Before I was done with my first semester of my LPN program, I just knew that I had no choice but to go on for my Bachelors and eventually my Masters. It is such a passionate profession... I don't think you can help but love it.
Best wishes with your new endeavor.