New LPN student and I don't know how to feel!!Register Today!
This is a discussion on New LPN student and I don't know how to feel!! in LPN / LVN Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... I am so excited and nervous to be starting on Jan 28th. I keep reading this forum on what to expect...by Coke_LPN2b Jan 18I am so excited and nervous to be starting on Jan 28th. I keep reading this forum on what to expect in my 12 month program and I feel like there is no way to truly prepare myself. to make matters a little worse is the school I will attend is pretty much new still and barely has a rep. *sigh*
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=809549©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,529 Views
- Jan 19 by loveblossomGet REALLY organized right now.Clean your house real good.I scrubbed mine top to bottom,organized my closets and paperwork, and made some frozen meals for a few weeks.Get all of your appointments out of the way..Dr.,dentist ect...make yourself a study schedule and stick to it!!!!!! Go over your books DAILY!!! (The important parts..key ideas,Chapter summaries ect..)...don't stress too much about it now..Enjoy your free time while you can
- Jan 19 by TheCommuterYour post has been moved to the LPN Nursing Student forum with the goal of attracting more replies. Good luck to you!
- Jan 19 by blauren91I couldn't agree more with loveblossom! I cleaned my whole apartment and got all of my stuff organized, did all of my laundry, went grocery shopping, got any appts out of the way, and spent my last free week going out with friends. READ READ READ!!!! It'll be a lot of information to take on but if you read AHEAD and study on a DAILY basis you'll be ok!
- Jan 19 by Coke_LPN2bThank u ladies so much! This sounds like great advice I am ordering my books now so hopefully I can get a start on my reading I am so excited I love learning and being in school I feel like I have so much to look forward to
- Jan 19 by NurseGuyBriAgreed! The key for me in nursing school was to never get behind. Do not be afraid to ask questions and get help when you need it! Find a nurse who likes to teach who is not in your school. Use them! Use this forum when you're stressed, ask and post and pay attention. Remember taht nursing school will end, you will get your life back and be a nurse!
- Jan 20 by Isitpossiblegreat advice given.... you said the school is new, please make sure its accredited, thats very important...!! good luck
- Jan 21 by Coke_LPN2bThank you!! I look forward to sharing my experince with everyone here
- Jan 21 by Coke_LPN2bOk I know I should have really found this out before but I am scared now because I found out their accreditations are from the NYS dept of higher edu., NYS board of regents, and NYS board of nursing. It doesnt say anything about NLNAC. Im so lost right now:-/
- Jan 22 by kikkidee6What school are you going to in NYS