LPN program open advising day. What questions should I askRegister Today!
This is a discussion on LPN program open advising day. What questions should I ask in LPN / LVN Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... about the program? I was all set to get my ADN -academic career all laid out, but life has a way...by onehusbandsevenkids Jul 24, '05about the program?
I was all set to get my ADN -academic career all laid out, but life has a way of changing the best laid plans. The best option for me now is to get into the Spring LPN class which is 3 semesters long and then articulate for the ADN, it's only 3 more classes.
Plan is to work as an LPN while finishing up those last three classes for my ADN. I'll still have my ADN the same year as originally planned, the difference being that I'll be able to bring in some income - maybe 2 12's a week? - a year earlier than if I stay in the ADN program.
Anyhow, I'm switching gears all of a sudden and have a chance to go and speak with the LPN coordinator Monday morning. I only found out I could do this yesterday, so I'm kind of panicking about making my list of questions.
I don't want to forget anything because after Monday, the woman will be out of office until Aug 15 or something like that.
What questions should I be asking about the program?
Were there any questions you wish you had asked before hand?
What would you have liked to have know going into the program that you didn't know?
Oh, and is it odd that the clinicals in this LPN program are held only during the last 5 weeks of school? I would have thought that while studying certain areas, there would be clincals to go along with that specific area, but what do I know?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=113129©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 697 Views
- Jul 24, '05 by onehusbandsevenkidsNobody has any questions that they recommend I ask before I agree to start this program?
- Jul 24, '05 by lisamc1RNSome basic ones would be:
1. What is your pass rate on the NClex PN?
2. What is the percentage of graduates who are hired from this school?
3. How many hours of study will be expected for each hour of class?
4. What can I do now to prepare myself for school?
5. Will I be able to smoothly transition from the LPN to the ADN program by going this route? How long is the wait for the ADN once I become an LPN?
My brain is too tired to think of more right now. :chuckle Good luck to you!
- Jul 24, '05 by Fiona59Only five weeks of clinical? We did over 20 weeks. They were tied into the areas that we were studying. Something like five alone in long term/continuing care, seven in acute care, four weeks consolidation, and six weeks final placement.
- Jul 24, '05 by fireflyLPNI would ask who they are accredited with...
The thing about only having 5 wks of clinicals caught my eye. You may want to check with your Board of Nursing as some of them have very specific guidelines about needing a certain number of clinical hours before you can test. Also, if you are going to contact your BON I would do so via email. They tend to get irritated if you phone them, in my experience anyway.
- Jul 24, '05 by onehusbandsevenkidsThanks for your input everyone!!!! Keep 'em coming if you think of more.