How my first day went...
- 3Sep 4, '12 by I♥ScrubsMy first day went very well. (I am in a BOCES PN program)
We got there for orientation and they showed us how to sign in. There is a logbook in the back of the classroom and we have to initial and put the time we got there. Then our two instructors introduced themselves and then we had to introduce ourselves and tell the class about us.
We did an activity as an "ice-breaker" - we had to find 3 people with the same eye color, same town we live in, favorite hobby and favorite animal. They said it was important to find out who lives in the same town in case our car breaks down etc.
They gave general information such as where the bathroom was, where we can eat and cant eat...etc. Then we had a tiny break and a lot of people went to turn in more forms and ask the instructors questions.
Next they gave more information and then we went on lunch. We came back from lunch to get our weekly schedule detailed with quizzes, tests, homework and what we will go over in class.
Our first homework assignment was assigned which was to make a "about me" poster so they could know more about us, and we could know more about our classmates and make study buddies.
We then received the student handbook and were told we had to read it for homework and we will have a quiz on it Thursday. Our first day of class is Friday, so the next two days are more orientation.
Anyways, that is how my day went. We have 44 people in my class, 39 females and 5 males--who I must add are quite the comedians. We have a good mixture of people who are young and people who have kids that are grown and are coming back to school. So far everyone seems very nice. Okay I wrote enough for now! Good luck to everyone!Last edit by Joe V on Sep 10, '12 : Reason: spacing
- 0Sep 5, '12 by I♥ScrubsGood luck MissJ! Today we went over the course syllabus for each class and we also went over the student handbook. Our first test is next week in A&P. For homework work on our collages, fill in the form about the student handbook so they know you read it, for a&p read chapter 1 and for growth and development read chapters 1, 3, and 4. I remember some people's names and they remember mine too! Starting out good!
- 0Sep 5, '12 by kconnor126Wow, it sounds like you had a great day! I start Monday at ES Boces PN. I had my orientation a couple of months ago. I had summer assignments that I've done over and over to make sure I know it. I'm so excited but still so nervous that I can't sleep! I hope you have a great week and restful weekend, good luck!
- 1Sep 6, '12 by KikikinsThis was so unlike my experience. My BOCES orientation was pretty much going over the handbook, signing paperwork, turning in our homework, and the same material that was covered in the information session / acceptance packet. No games, icebreakers or even introductions save for the staff. First Day Assessment: Prosaic -- I hope it will change come next week.
- 0Sep 6, '12 by kconnor126Quote from KikikinsThat's how my orientation went. I don't start until Monday, maybe my first day will be a lot like yours? What was it like? Was it overwhelming?This was so unlike my experience. My BOCES orientation was pretty much going over the handbook, signing paperwork, turning in our homework, and the same material that was covered in the information session / acceptance packet. No games, icebreakers or even introductions save for the staff. First Day Assessment: Prosaic -- I hope it will change come next week.
- 1Sep 6, '12 by LadyLeo75My first day went well I met two out of thirty classmates lol but over all it seems like the class will work well together. The instructors are very knowledgeable and makes class fun but you will learn and you must do your part if you want to be successful. I am still excited no longer nervous. Looking forward to my second day tomorrow.
- 0Sep 6, '12 by kconnor126Quote from blessedladyBThat's great! Your lucky you got your first day over, mine is Monday and I just want my nervousness to be gone!My first day went well I met two out of thirty classmates lol but over all it seems like the class will work well together. The instructors are very knowledgeable and makes class fun but you will learn and you must do your part if you want to be successful. I am still excited no longer nervous. Looking forward to my second day tomorrow.
- 0Sep 7, '12 by I♥ScrubsI have been lucky in that the people I have been sitting next to have been very friendly. We all talk and laugh, we plan on when we are going to do homework. And yesterday, we had our presentations so we learned a lot about our classmates. We have some awesome people who have overcome a lot in their lives. I can honestly say I like my class and so far the people are great! Today we start actual lectures, here I come A&P and fundamentals!
- 0Sep 7, '12 by missy0910Congrats to all the new LPN students on here. I started my Boces program on Wed and we watched a video went over some medical terminology etc and then we were tested on it the following day! Lol Our orientation was in Aug and we went over the student handbook and signed a lot of papers. So far so good. I am still waiting for my books to arrive but one of my classmates was nice enough to let me look on with him the past 2 days...