NY LPNs where are all the new grad jobs help! - Page 2Register Today!
- Jun 29, '12 by ladeelovex3Quote from charismalpn2010hey yall. I've been reading your comments and it discourages me a little. I'm pursuing my LPN and i don't want to here that there are no jobs.Anyone here from nyc or upstate ny where are all the jobs for new grads im currently taking my prereqs but i need to use my skills
Keep your heads high. I'm sure you'll find something
i live in ny btw
- Jun 29, '12 by charismalpn2010hey lady i found a job been here for a year its in a clinic i also worked in a nursing home for a few months just for the experience but it was nasty lol where do you live in ny?
- Jun 29, '12 by pkt00It's hard in ny for lpns. Homecare is the way to go but the downfall is that even though one may work in Homecare, you will still be considered a new grad which makes no sense to me.
- Dec 6, '12 by belle980Glen Gariff health care center in glen cove ny hires new grads, that's where I got my first job and they are currently looking to hire nurses
- Dec 6, '12 by KRODDApply everywhere go to google maps search nursing homes and apply to every little red dot you see, you gotta pound the pavement.
THERE IS NO NURSING SHORTAGE, THE MEDIA IS LYING.
- Dec 10, '12 by heidibelle1Hi, I haven't had any luck yet and I live in the Albany, NY (upstate NY) area. I graduated in June 2012 and received my license in October 2012. I've had a handful of interviews but no takers! I've applied to a number of doctor offices, nursing homes, and home health agencies as LPN's have been phased out of hospitals here. One home health agency said you need a year experience and offered me a home health aide position which doesn't count as one year experience towards an LPN position with them. I think with so many new graduates from a number of LPN programs in the area, limited jobs for LPN's and a bad economy it's hard to get a job right now period. When I look at the want-ads here, there are 10 RN jobs for every LPN job. I'm starting to get discouraged and decided to go to a local community college to start on my RN.