LSU-New Orleans School of NursingRegister Today!
- by Hopeful-RN-NOLA Jul 21, '04Who's applying to LSU-New Orleans? I've heard horror stories about the waiting...and the long wait list. What has been your experiences with applying for admission there? Any graduates of LSU-NO? How was the first semester? What are the ages of the first year class (range)?
- 4,863 Views
- Oct 16, '04 by Peachy720Quote from Hopeful-RN-NOLAhi everyone!Who's applying to LSU-New Orleans? I've heard horror stories about the waiting...and the long wait list. What has been your experiences with applying for admission there? Any graduates of LSU-NO? How was the first semester? What are the ages of the first year class (range)?
I am also interested in the answer to this. I started a thread in the General Student Nursing Forum, but would love to hear answers from you guys as well.
ANY info on ANY of the Louisiana schools are MUCH appreciated!! :hatparty:
- Oct 28, '04 by Peachy720So, no one has ANYTHING about LSU?? **biting nails** I'm dying to hear anything about this school...At this rate, I'll even take today's lunch menu! :imbar
- Nov 14, '09 by Lsugal731Hey Im in my first semester at LSU now. As for the waiting list I had no problem getting in on the first try but I know it takes awhile for some ppl. As for the school, its not exactly what I expected. Its reallly hard more than I ever imagined. The professors arent very helpful. You kind of just have to learn things on your own and get through it. Anatomy has been a really great experience though. The professors in that course are really helpful and the cadavar lab is interesting. Im telling you this because I wish someone would have told me beforehand. Ive cried everyday. My anxiety has increased greatly since I started. Physiology will be your worst class. We are about to go into finals and there are still numerous people like myself with an F average. Your intro to nursing class will also be no joke. You must study for that class it can creep up on you and screw you over. This will be your worst semester from what I hear. Ive hated just about every minute of it but you find a way to get through the day. On a positive note, Ive met some really great people so even though all you do is study atleast you are not alone. Remember to take time for yourself becasue this place can drive you crazy. If you fail a class you can repeat it the next semester. Ive never failed anything in my life so im pretty torn up about it. I dont mean to scare you It really is a great school you just have to fight to keep your spot and never give up thats all I hear. Good luck and if you have any more questions feel free to ask.
- Nov 20, '09 by irkedoneSNHey!
I go to OLHCC. This is my 2nd year in nursing there and it's great! It's incredibly stressful, hectic, time consuming, and crazy! I love it! However, you have to be on top of your **** to enjoy it. If you get behind, you start thinking about quitting. I know I have this semester. This is a great school to go to, or so we hear from nurses. They love having us on their floors and hospitals love our graduates (or so we hear, again). Every graduate last year got a job within a month. This is a TOUGH curriculum though. Lots of paperwork, testing, and studying! Thats all most of us do. Since its a smallish program (60 people in our class, 30 in the seniors') you make alot of friends. We are all in the trenches together. If you have any questions, peachy720, msg me!Last edit by sirI on Nov 20, '09