LSU BSN program Spring 2013 - Page 9Register Today!
- @kp2012 did you get your letter yet from Charity?
Hey did you get a call yet???
- @pearleypearley, no I did not! I'm really worried
- Sep 13, '12 by KatmlacyI'm worried too!! Maybe since the first interview is Saturday they've stopped calling until its done??
- Sep 13, '12 by kp2012@KristenNola I have not received anything from Charity yet. I don't think we'll hear from them until the end of October.
@pearleypearley @KristenNola @Katmlacy - I bet you all will get calls soon. From the previous posts I can tell you are all more than qualified to be in this program. If you had called in and they didn't tell you anything, I'm sure you are in the October 20th round. They gave me an option of times to choose from, ranging from 9am - 11am. I chose 9 am, bright and early.
- I hope soo..I am sooo worried bcuz I haven't been called yet..I keep thinking that its bcuz I repeated a course but before I applied I called to speak with the director of nusing and he said they do make execptions to that rule...because I already have a bachelors that will likely help me during thr decision process..but I'm not too sure if that's the reason why they haven't called...has anyone ever heard of someone getting in that has repeated a course????
- Sep 13, '12 by kp2012@KristenNola, Whoops nevermind, I just checked the Charity thread! Congrats on your acceptance, lady! You must be stoked!
- I'm worried because I'm currently taking Intro to Sociology and I'm hoping that won't hinder from getting in. Even though they say I can take it now from what I've read in past year's posts that some people were rejected because they hadn't finished all classes by time of application and due to budget cuts couldn't allow them in.
@kp2012, I received an acceptance letter from Charity yesterday. But they want to know between September 19-25 (their advising session week) on whether or not I decide to attend or defer. I really want to go to LSU but I won't hear from them for a while. I'm not sure what to do?
@pearleypearley, I think that if you have a repeated a course then the first one gets dropped? That's what I thought. So then the second grade would attribute to your pre-req GPA and not the other one. I might be wrong, but I'm sure a lot of people have got in after repeating a course. What course was it?
It was english 1158 my first semester in college when I had no clue that grades even mattered..lol I hope my past doesnt come back to bite me in the butt...
- Sep 14, '12 by kp2012@pearleypearley, I know a couple people who were accepted to and graduated from LSU Nursing with repeated pre-req. courses. I think it's one of those things where as long as you haven't failed any of the important science or math classes twice and had to take them over and over. The program director spoke candidly about this in the info. sessions I attended. He said they understand that some of the classes were taken long ago and may have to be repeated to get a higher grade
@KristenNola, I highly doubt having Intro to Sociology in progress this semester will prevent your acceptance. As far as I'm concerned, unless whoever told you "all pre-reqs must be completed" is on the admissions committee, it's all just hearsay. Don't let these boards psych you out! If you're a a good candidate, they're going to want to and not lose you to another program. Just sayin