LSU BSN program Spring 2013 - Page 40Register Today!
- Dec 22, '12 by cfiest01Has anyone else gotten a call yet? I'm beginning to think that is it :-(.. I wish they would let us know whether they were done picking me or not
- Dec 26, '12 by christine64226if anyone wants to carpool from the slidell area, please let me know!
- Dec 26, '12 by ysanchez0216On the acceptance letter it says we have to get a background check done... has anyone done this?
- Dec 26, '12 by christine64226i haven't. i was told to bring the admission papers to the orientation on jan 4th and they would answer our questions then. i am turning in the health papers tomorrow and i am going to bring the admission ones in while i am there and ask if i need to do anything else. it seems like you wouldn't have to do your own background check lol i assumed they would do it, but who knows.
- Dec 26, '12 by LSUgirl13@nursetobeme
SOoooooo the system disabled me to send you a Private Message but is there anyway that you can send me your email to communicate with you? lol
- Dec 27, '12 by JGendronDoes anyone know when they open? I need to turn in the rest of my health forms but theyve been closed
- Dec 27, '12 by rebecca9341Hey guys! I am going into my Senior 2 semester and I wanted to pop in and congratulate those that got in and offer encouragement to those who have not. From what I've read, many of you already have a bit of a sour taste in your mouth from the admission process. Honestly, I have no idea why it has taken till December to hear back from the school, but some great advice that I can impart is to be very patient with this school because its a long 3 years. The state budgets cuts to the LSU system has affected the nursing school as far as staffing, so things go a little slower than I'm sure ya'll are used to, just go with the flow. You will learn so much during these next three years, that you might think nothing more can fit in your brain, just remember the end goal and push through.
Ok...so there's so much information that the school is throwing at you right now and so many requirements that have be completed, so hopefully i can clarify some things for ya... Background checks are needed for the soph 2 semester when you start clinical, so you don't need to complete that now. When it gets closer an email will be sent out telling you where to go to get it down. You will also do urine drug test and get your finger prints down before going into clinical....but DON'T worry about that yet! If you are wondering about your schedule for this spring, you can find under current student-course schedule-spring 2013-undergraduate, it'll give you an idea of when your classes are with the exception of anatomy la, physiology lab and intro. I'm not sure what, if any info the school has given to ya'll at this point so I won't go overboard with information. If there are any specific questions I can help with, I would be happy to answer.
The school reopens on Jan. 2
Wanted to reiterate my congratulations to all of you and if you did not get in, there are many other schools in the area to consider. No matter where you go or how long it takes to become a nurse, in the end you still get to call yourself a nurse...so don't give up!!!Last edit by rebecca9341 on Dec 27, '12
- Jan 1 by StirFryIf anyone is looking for a room, here is one available with two other nursing students. http://neworleans.craigslist.org/roo/3472592974.html
- Jan 2 by KEMnolaDoes anyone know what books we need?
- Jan 2 by greenkat123Everybody calm down. Just make sure you go to the orientation and all will become clear. You will have time for books and all that other stuff later once you actually go to class on the first day. The drug test and fingerprints are all only needed until your second semester not now. The reason they want it now is so that you dont have to worry about it later because trust me you will be OVERWHELMED AND EXHAUSTED so it would be better to get it done now but you dont have too. I am on my second year at LSUHSC and all I can advice you is to be ahead. It is very rough and overwhelming but everyday just think of your goal. If other ppl did it so can you. Be willing to give up your freedom but hey it is all worth it in the end.....At least I hope...lol