Charity SON Fall 2012 - Page 30Register Today!
- Apr 9, '12 by MamisuIs anybody going to the general advising session today at 3pm? I want to go but I think it's going to be a little bit complicated for me, I have a class for 2 today. I'm thinking I should go to the Thursday one instead and just miss the class I have that day. I don't know! anyways - whoever is going today, let us know how it went!!
- Apr 10, '12 by firrehorseCongrates AdrenalCortex89 and thanks for the heads up. I was a little concerned about the change in cirriculum.
I will be attending the Thursday general advising myself. If anyone went to the session yesterday (4/9) could you tell us know some general stuff?
Thanks everyone for all your comments, I'm not sure about anyone else, but I've found the info on the blog to be most helpful.
- Apr 10, '12 by Sassy.BonesOk so I have tried and tried to get in touch with someone about when they will let me know if I'm in for the fall or the spring and I haven't gotten an answer...is anyone else here on the same boat as me?? And has anyone gotten in touch with their advisor?
- Apr 10, '12 by firrehorseNo, my advisor seems to be MIA at the moment but I'm hoping she will surface soon.
- Apr 10, '12 by highopes17I haven't been able to reach my advisor either, I'm hoping maybe I can see or at least schedule an appointment soon.
- Apr 10, '12 by MamisuI know somebody that went to the general advising session on Monday and appearently we have a lot of things to do before the end of this month and beginning of next. Like having all of the vaccines required done and fingerprints for background checks. I'm going to mine on Thursday actually I'm going to meet with my advisor and to the general advising session - literally 2 hours I heard. So til then I'll be posting more accurate information.
- Apr 12, '12 by learning2careMamisu, I'll be attending the general advising today, 4/12 as well, and I will meet with my advisor after. I'm hoping to get a lot of info and that I have enough leave at my current job to take off and get it all done. I've started w the shots, but the fingerprint/background thing will be another begging session. Well- maybe it's time to quit! LOL
- Apr 12, '12 by MamisuLOL!! I guess we'll see each other haha not that we know each other yet . I haven't started with vaccines yet, I haven't had time :/ but Monday I'll go to my doctor. I'm taking the CPR class on May 1st. The fingerprints, they'll give us today the card and the places where we can have them done at. I'm so excited about today . I'm concerned about parking though, I don't know where I'm going to park for 3 hours or so. Do you know anything?
- Apr 12, '12 by learning2careI've heard that the church is the best place to park. $3. I may go really early to make sure I get a spot and maybe hang out in my car n study because I have an a& p test tonight. of course all the parking may already be a mess? I get so anxious about that!
- Apr 12, '12 by AdrenalCORTEX89The church parking is good but you cant walk across the ramp unless you have an I.D. There are usually a few sopts on Perdido and Gravier and there is Two hour parking right in front of Charity on Claiborne. I went to the session on Tuesday and they just gave us all of the paperwork and records that we would have to turn in. There are quite a few fees totaling about 200.00 that you will have to pay. All LSBN paperwork will need to be turned in by April 27, and all health records are due by May 14. You will also need to make an appt to meet with your conseluer ASAP. They also explain that you will need to provide your own Professional Liablibity Insurance (Malpractice) as well as have health insurance coverage of your own. They will explain Uniforms, supplies, etc. School starts on Aug 20 and we have two madatory orientation days in July that if you do not attend you will be KICKED from the program! Im sur yall will get all the info when you come here today but hopefully this is a small glimpse of what top expect!