Charity & Working...Register Today!
- by JustKeepSmiling Dec 25, '08Is this a possibility? Or am I crazy?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=357819©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 856 Views
- Dec 27, '08 by JustKeepSmilingnobody replied? =[
i need some helps here!!
- Dec 28, '08 by nolastudent823I worked in a restaurant the first half of my first semester, and a doc's office the second half- with about 6 weeks of overlap. i still had plenty of study time. i worked no less than 30 hours per week, plus class and clinicals. if you know how to manage your time, you won't have a problem.
i plan on working 2 jobs(2 days at doc ofc, 2 days at new restaurant) second semester. people say it's impossible, but i guess we'll have to see.
good luck to you!
- Dec 28, '08 by southlandrnA flexible job is key. I worked 10-15 hrs/wk during daytime hrs. and attended school and clinicals. Nights were consumed by my family tho I guess I could have worked then otherwise. Again, flexibility is key because they are always throwing random review classes at you, and you will more than likely have to pick your patient up the day before clinicals and spend the evening looking up meds. Good luck! For what it's worth, you could take out student loans; most hospitals will pay up to $300/mo. on them once you graduate.
- Jan 22, '09 by syolnurseTake it from me..... it can be done. I worked anywhere from 60-80 hours a week on an ambulance... I'd get off a truck at 7 am...then i'd rush to class (usually about 5 minutes late).... class would be over by 12 or 1... i'd study in the library until 3 and then be back at work for 5. Mind you i was a straight C student throughout Charity.... but i was not a housewife or trust fund baby like many other students..... my advice to you is that if you dont have to work.... focus on your sanity and stuying first..... i lost my mind and made everyone around me miserable in the process. I was always tired and ***** and didnt give a crap about peoples feelings because i honestly didnt have the time or energy. I did what i had to do tomake it through school.... but if you dont have to work to survive.... eat your PB&J, light some candles, and crack open your study guide.... like my psych teacher said.....$$ is NOT everything