Cut thru the Glitz and get me some reality on LNC's
- 1Sep 20, '11 by HannahLeahSorry, but Im kinda sick of looking at Vickies big smile and would like some reality here.
How realistic is it for someone who doesnt live anywhere near a giant city with law firms on every corner to get into this business? Im really not looking to make a zillion $ and cannot imagine the words "my fees are $125 an hour" EVER coming out of my mouth. Is there some normal plane of existence for this speciality or is it only for people who already move in exalted circles?
I have the RN experience, I have self employment/small business experience, I have the genuine drive to succeed at this but fear I am already out of the running because I do not have ready access to a local market. I know I could do this, except for the part about running downtown in my glitzy suit to visit all the lawyers- no downtown, no glitzy suit, few lawyers in a 100 mile radius. Am I crazy to even think about trying to do this from my remote area? Thanks to any replies.
- 1Sep 21, '11 by AviationurseCLNC since 2008 ...cant even get a volunteer job for med mal law firms here in the big city....still paying my student loans to pay VIM.....and getting nasty calls if i get late paying..attending a lot of AALNC meetings...but they dont have leads either...now just a PRN member of the AALNC in my local area as i cant afford to pay the steep membership fees for the AALNC.It does look glitzy with rock star salary in the ads....
Best Wishes to your quest in Legal Nursing...
- 1Sep 22, '11 by lindarnUnfortunately, the, "Amway of Legal Nurse Consulting", had flooded the market with Legal Nurses. I have had more than one attorney tell me that, "Legal Nurses are a dime a dozen". And they are right.
JMHO and my NY $0.02.
Lindarn, RN,BSN, CCRN
Somewhere in the PACNW
- 3Sep 23, '11 by HannahLeahI dont doubt it was a great learning experience or that it is one I would love to have, BUT, its the reality that bites............. great learning experiences that cost a ton and dont pay back are a luxury I cannot afford. I asked for a reality check and got one, thanks!
............... (my footprints while slinking back to the trenches)
- 1Sep 26, '11 by AviationurseI have met BOARD OF DIRECTORS /DIRECTORS AT LARGE with AALNC and are not even certified with
legal nursing...Ive also met a lot of CLNC/AALNC members who have spent
their last money investing in education /conference for years in both AALNC/NACLNC but no job....finally they stopped certifying and leaving membership for both...