PAX-PN entrance score for Galen - Page 2Register Today!
- Jan 3, '11 by Bgriffith36Hello all, I am new here and really looking for advice! I am taking the Pax Pn in 2 weeks and im terrified! I graduated in 1991 and only have 2 weeks to study...i just got the study guide. any advice??
- Jan 15, '11 by tjwillmakeitHello im new here and i took the pax-pn exam jan 7th and i feel numb im just waiting on my results and to Bgriffith36 just relax it will be ok make sure you study rest and go take the on a satisfied stomach.. and when do you want to started
- Apr 9, '11 by ARB86Just as a more recent update on this thread to anyone searching for info of the PAX PN exam at Galen.....
I took mine this morning, so its still fresh!!!
SO.....there were 80 Verbal, 54 Math and 80 Science questions...with 1 hour PER section. And your composite score has to be at least a 92 to pass.
I am HORRID at math, so im sure i bombed that entirely. There were mostly decimal, fraction and percentage problems, (probably 75%) others were averages, graphs and geometry.
The Verbal, well, had words i didnt know even existed....but nothing TOO bad, all i can say is on the reading sections, READ FAST..it ate up my time and i found myself scrambling at the time call of 5 mins left!!
And the Science, surprisingly, wasnt bad at all, i feel the best about this section. Alot of basic earth science (food chains, plant science, cell parts) and then there WAS PHYSICS to those who say there isnt !!!!!!!!
but nothing too advanced at all!!!
In all, i know i bombed the math, having guess at most questions, but other than that, you ARE GOLDEN if your straight outta highschool cuz it will be fresh in your head or if your a smartie that retained it.
Now, im crossing my fingers and my toes that i passed...shewww, glad thats over!
- Apr 20, '11 by yolandalpnCongrats ARB86! Thats awesome!!!
Im from CA & will be moving to Tampa in 2 months to go to Galen (LP then LP to RN bridge). I will be taking the PAX-PN test in 2 weeks and just got my study guide for PAX-PN (about 400 pages). Do you recommend that I study the entire book? Im sooo nervous about this test. Its been about 10 years since I was in school and Im not a good test taker. Any advice? Thank you!
- Do you have the NLN Pax-Pn book recommended by Galen? If so, this is the same book I used to prepare and it had very valuable test prep topics and questions. There is really no way to "study" this book...just to give you a VERY CLOSE example of what the test will be like.
The thing that will get you the most is the time! Only an hour per section...and it flys by! If I had to do again I would have paid attention to my watch and made better time...not having to scurry to finish. Review your basic science n physics...i gave examples in my earlier post. But honestly....if you review the book and know how to get through the math then your golden!! I guessed so many so I didnt eat all my time up..so maybe practice timing urself??? Its only as tough as u make it......and its been 7 yrs since school for me...its not bad.promise!
- Apr 23, '11 by yolandalpnYay!!! Congrats on passing!!! This is soo great & exciting to start a new phase in your life. Thank you for the info. I too have not been in school for a while now & Im completely changing careers.
I hope I pass the test and get accepted to the full time program that starts Aug 15. Did you get accepted yet? How does the financial aid process work?
- No! Im still waiting for my acceptance letter!!
- Apr 26, '11 by yolandalpnOMG!!! Im soo inpatient and don't like waiting! Please keep us posted.
- May 19, '11 by yolandalpnDid you get your acceptance letter yet?