Hello Kansas (Introduction)
- 0Jun 23, '08 by KCnurs!nghey kansans, i just wanted to introduce myself! my name is shannon born and raised in kansas city, ks, wyandotte county to be exact. i'm currently pursuing my nursing career. right now i'm in the process of getting my cna license (3 weeks to be exact), at ats (area technical school). the only reason i'm going the cna route first is because the cna course is the pre-req to their lpn program along with a&p lab. i plan to do lpn-adn program and then get my bsn at ku or college network possibly haven't made up my mind yet. and hopefully go on to become a crna. that's about it for now nice meeting you all.
- 0Jun 24, '08 by ExAirBagRNHi Shannon-
Congrats on getting your CNA certificate- you are following in my footsteps!
I went to ATS for my CNA, and I just graduated from their LPN program...
I found out 2 days ago that I passed my NCLEX, so I'm officially an LPN!
What a relief!
I plan on bridging next year- I need some time off to soak in my new career...
Best of luck to you- you're headed in a great direction!
- 0Jul 1, '08 by KCnurs!ngWow that is awesome I wonder did you graduate with my boyfriends sister, Tyeasha Pittman, she's the one that truly inspired me to go this route instead of straight RN. Oh and what are your thoughts on the NCLEX
I'm very excited that you passed glad to E-know someone who did
- 0Jul 6, '08 by ExAirBagRNHey Shannon-
What a small e-world! I graduated with Tyesha- did you go to our pinning/ graduation? If so, I was the one who lead the Nightingale pledge
Tell her hi next time you see her- last I talked with her, she had just accepted a position at Sharon Lane. Love her!
- 0Jul 7, '08 by KCnurs!ngWow DawnFromKC, indeed a small world it is. I was there at you guys' pinning ceremony. I believe I do remember you giving the Nightingale pledge. That's great!!!! i feel like I know you LOL, Well maybe in someway you can guide on my quest to become a RN!!!
Nice to know you graduated with Ty.