what is the average rate of pay in iowaRegister Today!
- by lynn bee Jan 29, '05what is the average rate of pay for nurses in iowa.i am considering moving out of town.but just curious as to what other nurses average in iowa.what are your specialty?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=92908©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 8,096 Views
- Jan 30, '05 by debblynn13hi lynn,
I haven't graduated yet so I can't tell you what I make. Here are the links I have for both Broadlawns and Iowa Health Systems in Des Moines, they list wage ranges for the jobs they have open.
Deb RN May 2005 (hopefully)
- Mar 19, '05 by NurseyPamQuote from lynn beeDon't know if I am a good one to answer this...I work in rural SW Iowa...very poor usually...I have been a RN for 5 years now, and with my shift diff only make about $19/hr. Could work in DSM for about double that, but I am able to call home most nights and tell my kids goodnight. Plus, I don't have to pay as much for gas. I think the other hospitals around us pay more (like $25 or so) but I am not sure. Hope this helps. I know at our hospital, most of the time the stress level and patient to nurse ratio is much lower. :spin:what is the average rate of pay for nurses in iowa.i am considering moving out of town.but just curious as to what other nurses average in iowa.what are your specialty?
- Mar 20, '05 by Tanzanite RNI'm only student, but I do know that south central to south-eastern Iowa also make lower wages.
Ottumwa Regional always advertises for R.N staffing salaries to be between $17-$22 per hour. My friend who is a D.O.N (psychiatric unit) in Osky pays $21-$22 per hour for her R.N. staff nurses.
LPN's in these areas can expect at least $5.00 less per hour than R.N. pay.
Most absurd is some of the Dr. Office salaries.. some LPN's only start out about $9-$10
- Dec 5, '05 by EMSI'm in SE Iowa small 25 hospital starting out as a staff RN 17 ah hour
Weekend pak RN for 3, 12 hour shifts F_S_S is 22 hour and 34 an hour overtime 44 an hour for holidays. This is for MedSug.:hatparty:
- Dec 13, '05 by purple_rose_3I work at a Skilled Nursing Home in SE and get paid $17.39.
- Dec 15, '05 by HarleygirlSouthern Iowa
Just started hospital position...18.00/hr