New Grad Hiring??Register Today!
- by RNMom2010 Apr 27, '09I am set to graduate in Nov 2009, and will start my job searching around August. I was wondering if anyone could share if their facilities are still hiring new grads or have put a hiring freeze on? I am in the Quad Cities area, and would be willing to travel to Iowa City. My classmates and I are getting very concerned about finding jobs in this economy and our local hospitals are laying people off (not horribly yet, but I worry it will get worse).
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=387719©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,752 Views
- Aug 16, '09 by ChichHave you asked or noticed if they are laying off more people who have their ADN? Because I heard our local hospitals here in the QC are trying to hire more RN's with their BSN.
- Sep 9, '09 by stevelordThe BSN is last year's diploma. They are really pushing for them.
- Mar 11, '11 by Schuur451Check in Sioux City, St. Luke's. It's a long ways away, but if you really want a job it is decent place to start. Our ER has >50% market share, and our cardiac business is growing. Cheap cost of living as well.
- Mar 12, '11 by RNMom2010Schurr, this is an old thread I posted. I actually had no problem finding employment. I had 2 interviews and was hired on last one. Have been working as a RN for 10 1/2 months now in home health. I decided hospital work was not for me, especially with being a mom with a 1 year old, so I ventured outside the box and had great success! I love my job!
- Mar 12, '11 by Schuur451Shoot, I should really pay closer attention to the dates of the post. Good luck!
- Mar 30, '11 by hopefulstudent37Hi,
I am currently in my last semester of nursing school in Tucson, AZ. I am looking to relocate to Bettendorf, IA after I graduate. Do you have any advice on obtaining a job for a new grad before I graduate. I am also wondering how the interstate compact would work? Can I apply for my license in IA, before I actually reside there?
Thank you so much for any advice,
- Apr 7, '11 by MoogieDonna, here's a link to the Iowa Board of Nursing. There are links on the home page that should help answer your questions.