Visa screening processRegister Today!
- by donaze Jul 10, '09Hi Everybody!
I am a BSN graduate in the Philippines and is currently here in California for a holiday.
I just want to say I enjoyed reading this forum and was able to get insights on nclex exam.
1.) I took my nclex last july 1, 2009 here in Ontario California, and still waiting for the result. I got 75 questions. I tried pearson vue trick, it says your record already exist in our system. Is this a good sign?
2.) If ever I passed nclex, I would apply for visa screening. Do I need to take toefl or Ielts? Which one is better?
3.) Do I need a local board license from the Philippines to have a visa screening?
- Jul 10, '09 by NurseCubanitaRN2bYour best best bet is to post under the International Board. Go under the Region Tab and click on International. There you will find that Suzanne has posted some stickys at the top and there is a lot of information that you will find useful there. From what I've read regarding the pearsonvue trick it seems that it worked for 99% of the people.
- Jul 11, '09 by Silverdragon102Moved to the International forum
You just need a pass in NCLEX and English exam for vsc and I feel IELTS is the better one to do. You are also aware that Ca will not issue a license without a SSN and that will take several years due to retrogression?
- Jul 11, '09 by donazethank you very much
- Jul 11, '09 by kayakgirl58what is retrogression?
- Jul 12, '09 by Silverdragon102Quote from kayakgirl58Retrogression has been ongoing since Oct 06 and means there is a shortage of immigrant visas which is what nurses generally come under. The demand outweighs the amount allocated and many have been waiting many years and still waiting to move to the US. You can not change your status whilst in the US to stay and workwhat is retrogression?