I am an RN in the US, with an Associate Degree. I'm interested in moving to the UK for a year or so. Have some questions, and any advice would be greatly appreciated.
- Is it true that I must have a Bachelor Degree in Nursing from the US, to be eligible to practice in the UK?
- Can I complete a Bachelor Degree (or equivalent) in nursing in the UK? And will it transfer back to the US, if I decide to return here in the future?
- Is there such a thing as a temporary practice permit in the UK for those who are licensed in the US but still need to complete coursework in the UK?
- Would it be more practical to complete a Bachelor Degree in the US, and then try to move to the UK?
I've been reading the postings here, and it seems like it's hard to find jobs at the moment. So here are more questions:
- Would it make any sense to move to the UK and work in a different field (I have experience in other areas), and eventually get back into nursing? I'm considering doing this because of the opportunity to live abroad.
- Would doing this have a negative effect on my nursing career? Such as losing out on experience, time spent in practice, etc.
Thanks for your help!