Nursing from India : NCLEX Requirements
- 0Jul 24, '12 by dew_2012I am living in New Jersey and I have done my diploma in nursing from india(GNM). I want to become a RN . What is the procedure ? I tried to check online but it seems too complicated . So far I found following steps. I think If I am planning to work in NY I dont need to give CGFNS exam .
1. Get a CGFNS evluation of my education credentials http://www.cgfns.org/ but I am not sure which report I need to get
2. Once report is received apply for NCLEX elegibility
3. Prepare and pass NCLEX exam .
I would rellay appreciate it if some one can guide me here .
- 0Jul 24, '12 by Silverdragon102, RN AdminIf trained outside the US then for NY CVS is the route you have to take and all information is on the CGFNS website. In a nutshell you provide the information, they send appropriate documentation to the required departments based on the information you provide and once everything is in or 6 months has passed will forward everything to NY BON who will make decision on whether you meet requirements and can sit NCLEX. Average processing times for CVS is 6-8 months