Nursing from India : NCLEX Requirements
- 0Jul 24, '12 by dew_2012I am living in New Jersey and I have done my diploma in nursing from india(GNM). I want to become a RN . What is the procedure ? I tried to check online but it seems too complicated . So far I found following steps. I think If I am planning to work in NY I dont need to give CGFNS exam .
1. Get a CGFNS evluation of my education credentials http://www.cgfns.org/ but I am not sure which report I need to get
2. Once report is received apply for NCLEX elegibility
3. Prepare and pass NCLEX exam .
I would rellay appreciate it if some one can guide me here .
- 0Jul 24, '12 by Silverdragon102 AdminIf trained outside the US then for NY CVS is the route you have to take and all information is on the CGFNS website. In a nutshell you provide the information, they send appropriate documentation to the required departments based on the information you provide and once everything is in or 6 months has passed will forward everything to NY BON who will make decision on whether you meet requirements and can sit NCLEX. Average processing times for CVS is 6-8 months