Moving to the UNITED STATES

  1. Hello does anyone know of any schools in the NEW YORK or NEW JERSEY area that accept transfer students from the Philippines? I am moving in 2015 most likely and I only have 1 year left but if my VISA comes out I have to take it. Any advice please post.
  2. Visit AmyRegalaBSN profile page

    About AmyRegalaBSN

    Joined: Jul '14; Posts: 1


  3. by   Silverdragon102
    Moved to the International forum

    It can be hard for US students to move between universities and transfer credits so image it will be harder for new immigrants. The only real way you can find out is to contact the universities or nursing schools in the areas you plan on living and asking them. Alternative you could ask for a permit which allows you to finish your education once you have activated your immigrant visa
  4. by   elkpark
    As Silver noted, it is v. difficult and rare for students to successfully transfer from one US nursing school to another, so it doesn't seem v. likely. It can't hurt to ask schools you are interested in, though. Best wishes.