midwifery training in the US?

  1. I am a UK nirse hoping to move out to the states in the next couple of years. I have always wanted to train to become a midwife but due to having to go back to college for 3 years it has been unfeasable with 2 young children. Some areas do an 18 month course on full pay, but round here you have to do another 3 years on student bursary

    Can anyone tell me how I would go about it in the states?

    Many thanks
  2. 1 Comments

  3. by   suzanne4
    In the US, it is called a CNM, Certified Nurse Midwife. It requires that you get the MSN, as it is considered an Advanced Practice role in the US.

    Most programs in the US are two years.