medical exam for nurses going abroad
- 1Jun 8, '09 by icko806hi guys!! im planning to work abroad as a nurse but im a little hesitant to undergo medical examinations because im afraid that it might not turn out the way it is supposed to be.. i just wanna know what are the different medical exams that i have to undergo before i can work aboad? i have vaccinations against hepatitis B only.. what are the other procedures aside from hepatitis B screening? your response will be highly appreciated.. thanks in advance..
- 10,848 Visits
- 0Jun 12, '09 by monita25hi! if your gonna apply ing KSA these are the exams...
1 Complete Physical Examination
2 Chest X-ray using 11 x 14 plates
3 Complete Blood Count (CBC)
4 Blood Typing (ABO)
5 Blood Creatinine Examination
6 Urine Examination
7 Ishihara Test
8 Dental Examination
9 ECG (Electrocardiogram) Examination
10 Audiometry (Hearing Test)
11 Stool Examination
12 Psychological Examination
13 Hepa B
14 HIV/AIDS Test
1 Ultrasound of the Urinary tract (kidney, ureter, urinary bladder)
2 Fasting Blood Sugar Examination (FBS)
3 Glycossylated Hemoglobin Test (HBAIC)
hope these help
- 0Jun 12, '09 by gambutrolfor canadian embassy medical exams here are the requirements:
1. health history (if any health history warrants further investigation then they would require additional laboratory exams or clearance from a specialist)
2. if you have tattoos or recent pearcings, blood transfusions or surgery then you would be required to take the Hepa B screening
3. Chest X-Ray
4. AIDS screening
5. Urine analysis
6. vision tests
7. physical exam
as what I have written earlier.. any findings or history would require additional laboratory exams or clearance from specialists.. like if you have history of PTB you'll be required to have a clearance from a pulmonologist..
- 0Aug 24, '09 by cebuana_nurseIf you are hesitant that something might go wrong, you could have a medical exam on a local clinic. You maybe required to spend more bucks but you'll feel better. But, the medical clinic that you are going into for your medical exam might not honor the results of the previous medical exam. They only honor results conducted by their own clinic. I had the same feeling when I left Cebu to go to US, though on a different kind of visa. Good Luck!
- 0May 19, '10 by Silverdragon102 AdminQuote from jenny25I doubt hearing will be a problem just don't lie about anythingis hearing test included?....what if i have a hearing problem...does it mean that i will be failed or not be qualified to enter in the USA as a nurse?.. need some advice...thanks....