CNO- listing your employer questionRegister Today!
- by rita21 Feb 23, '12Hi everyone,
I have been searching for a while now and cannot seem to find the answer to my question. In the section of the CNO site called look up a nurse I see that some individuals have their employers listed and others don't.
I was recently offered a job at a LTC facility, temporary casual and one at a hospital Permanent part time. I would prefer when my registration comes up that the hospital be my primary "contact"
However, I do not start my hospital job and meet with HR for paper work until March 6 but start at the LTC facility MArch 1.
How does this employer thing work? Is it recorded in order of the offer from the employer sent to the CNO or does the nurse report it herself?
I am a new grad and waiting for my liscence to come....so I'm wondering
- Feb 23, '12 by dishesNurses report the name of employer and position when they renew their licence with the CNO. I don't know if nurses need to notify the CNO of changes in employment prior to renewal.Last edit by dishes on Feb 23, '12
- Feb 23, '12 by Fiona59CLPNA asks who our employer is (are) once a year. Nobody ever reports mid-year changes.
I think it's more of a tracking tool so they know how many PNs are employed by any specific facility.
- Feb 23, '12 by joanna73I think it would be acceptable to list your permanent employer in that section. Many people have casual positions in addition to permanent lines. On your actual registration form, you should include both for total hours worked, but under "find a nurse" I wouldn't bother.
- Feb 24, '12 by rita21thanks for the answers everyone!