Bridging Program for Nurses (Canada) - pg.2 | allnurses

Bridging Program for Nurses (Canada) - page 2

Anybody who knows about Bridging Program for Nurses in Canada? I'm a Registered Nurse in the Philippines and I'm planning to apply for the said program the Canadian schools are offering. How am I... Read More

  1. Visit  Kaypee_RN profile page
    Quote from loriangel14
    You would not qualify for such a program.You would need to have an LPN license before you could bridge. You really need to contact the college of nurses in the province you want to be licensed in and they will assess your education and tell you what you need to do next.

    Thank you so much for your help.
  2. Visit  RN_Canada profile page
    So it's like BSN here is equivalent to LPN in Canada??
    No that is not necessarily the case. You probably have more education than is needed for LPN but your best bet is to contact the provincial college for RN's or LPN's and get more specifics.
    But loriangel14 is correct you cannot take the bridging program to RN unless you have an LPN license.

    Also in some provinces you may be eligible for RN registration if you complete a re-entry program especially for IEN's so again it is highly variable and you should contact the provincial nursing authority.
  3. Visit  Kaypee_RN profile page
    Thank you so much for your help

    I think I have to apply for Evaluation of my credentials in ICES. I have read the CLPNBC website and I've learned that ICES evaluation is one of their requirements before they can assess my Nursing Education.

    Again Thanks to all. It helps a lot. =D
  4. Visit  rn_anonymous profile page
    Hi. It's been 3 years. I'm in the same boat with the questions you had in this thread. May i know what you did? Have you been successful to meet your goal? Thank you

Visit Our Sponsors