bridging program in AustraliaRegister Today!
- by diah_nur Feb 17, '11Hello there, my name is Diah Nur Fitriani and I am a registered nurse from Indonesia. I've planned to work in Australia preferably in Melbourne, Victoria but I know that I should take a bridging course before I can work as a nurse there. At the moment my application process including all documents is still being discussed by the board (AHPRA), hope I'll get good news next week. At this time I am lack of necessary information and I have a lot of questions swirling in my head. I have read the other related posts and it did give me an idea. But I really would like to make sure, what are the steps that I should undertake to realize my plan? Do you know of good and not so expensive Universities/colleges that offer bridging courses in melbourne? How long would the course last? These are just few of my questions to start off. By the way, if I apply my initial registration as a nurse division 1 in state of Victoria (Melbourne), would that be possible if I take bridging program in other state of Australia instead of Melbourne??...I do hope you can enlighten me. Thanks a lot!
- Aug 9, '11 by margishaHi diah nur! I would like to ask you something.Did you receive your eligibility from AHPRA? I have only 6 months training as a nurse. Kindly share the steps you did to have eligibility..I don't know on how to start.I want to apply by myself and not using an agency since it is costly.
Thank you so much.
- Aug 9, '11 by Silverdragon102Quote from margishaThere is a huge thread discussing registration with AHPRA have you checked it out/ Many that post there have gone through the process without using an agencyHi diah nur! I would like to ask you something.Did you receive your eligibility from AHPRA? I have only 6 months training as a nurse. Kindly share the steps you did to have eligibility..I don't know on how to start.I want to apply by myself and not using an agency since it is costly.
Thank you so much.
- Aug 9, '11 by margishaThank you for the reply Silverdragon102.I am new here and starting to read all the necessary information to get an idea.
Thank God there is a site like this...
Thank you so much for the quote too.
- Aug 9, '11 by diah_nurHi Margisha,
I received my eligibility from AHPRA on 23rd february 2011...for me, it took lots of time than other applicants in this forum (i think)...it happens due to some affidavit that I had to make related to my documents...therefore it's better for u to read all the requirements on AHPRA's website to avoid long process...and if u have any inquiry regarding the process u can ask on AHPRA website...by the way I apply by my self without any agent...i'm sure that if u can fulfil all the documents required, it won't take long for u to get ur eligibility...then the next process u will have to apply for BP...good luck margisha and all the best wishes for u...^____^