Best Nursing Agency in Australia
- 0Mar 26, '07 by mmckhi,
i am currently planning a working trip to australia for a year (leaving northern ireland october 2007).
i have been nursing for 6 months now in gynae theatres (working in recovery, scrub, circulating and anaesthetics) and will be qualified a year when i leave and my plan is to get as much experience as possible in many areas of nursing throughout australia.
my plan is to start the trip in brisbane, however im confused as to which nursing agency is the best to choose as an all round better option!! can anyone give me some advice, i.e which agency throughout australia pays the best, which is most helpful, which is good at placing you in nursing areas suited to your own skills?
any information would be a great help!!
- 5,546 Visits
- 1Mar 30, '07 by bubblesthenurseHi there!
i am currently doing a round-oz trip with agencies.
for each state there are hundreds of agencies. but there is a gourp of agencies that service all states. they all fall under the same big roof, and anyone of them can get you a job...
the best thing to do is look up australian nursing agencies in a search engine.
all the best
- 0Mar 30, '07 by DjunaI was with Nurseworldwide when I was agency nursing. WANA and Mediserve also have good reputations. I currently work with 2 RNs who are with WANA and they have very good things to say about this agency.
Pay rates differ in each state and different agencies offer slightly different bonuses and top-ups in pay.
- 0Apr 12, '07 by NurseyNurse19Just read your thread and it sounds a bit like me. Well -ish!
Il do the me bit 1st :spin:
Ive 5 months post-reg in theatre recovery, got my preceptorship done. Now doing my psychiatric nursing for 12 months & il be done in september.
Im hoping to go out to australia in October.
Ive applied my CV through Queensland newly-reg nurses (they allow british 'uns! Woow!)
Righty, the Qs. Whilst ive been told i can work in aus with my 5months post reg, & Queensland will accept my newly qualified psych, what does everbody think??
And a little bit unrelated but still.... If working for an agency, how does the holidays bit work? Reason asking, parents have a holiday booked to mexico in january you see....
Much much appreciated.......
- 0Nov 27, '07 by vivek105Quote from mmckHi Nikki,
Thanks for replying! Ive looked up the net and found an agency - Nursing Agency Australia, and apparently they get you jobs all over the country!
Cant wait to go!! Im sure your having an absolutely brilliant time!! :hatparty:
So how is Australia working out for you?
Which agency did you finally go with and what is your exprience and feedback?
Do write in or post your experiences.
- 0Nov 27, '07 by vivek105Quote from unpaidHi.... very informative post - could you post your experiences of agencies and work - so that the rest of us can understand the do's and don't of working with agencies and which firms to go for and which ones to avoid.Just make certain to read your contract if they place you in any ACSAG owned/operated nursing homes as this group make a habit of not paying, or paying very late.
Contract tips... etc.