LPN-BSN PhaseII CSM Exams Discussion - page 2
Hi guys, I thought it might be nice to have just a discussion on the exams for people who are currently in the process of taking them or done taking them that can give us tips on the four CSM Exams: NURS106(mental),... Read More
- 0Oct 16, '12 by NurseK1mHi Logank622,
I passed my peds with an 87! Thank God because it was my second time and yes I agree with you the module helped. Actually, many of the questions were very very similar to the quiz questions in the module. And sadly I did pay $650 for it. I will be taking my last CSM which is for NURS224 Nursing Care of Adults and also just bought the module for that. I should've asked around for someone to sell it to me, but I just didn't have time. I am planning to take it by the end of this month to meet the Nov1 deadline. Just wanted to let you know that I took the OB without the module and passed with a 76%, which was really close. So if you're not using the module, then make sure you study hard.
- 0Oct 20, '12 by NurseK1mThanks LoganK622! And that is awesome you found module for so cheap, I am jealous! I am starting to hear some people say they didn't pass the med surg even with the module and it's starting to worry me. Did you use the module and pass? Can I ask how many hours you spent on studying? I feel my brain won't take in information anymore.
Thanks 2012RN for your tip.
- 0Oct 22, '12 by logank622Quote from NurseK1mI didn't use the module - I reviewed my notes from med surg in my LPN program. I studied an hour or two every night for a week before I took it. To help me study, I made a chart listing condition, etiology, symptoms, labs, and nursing considerations for each of the body systems. (I find I remember better when I write the info myself instead of reading what someone else wrote.) My notes still weren't enough - I barely passed. You might try getting the textbook that was used for the course and studying from that as well - that's what I'm doing for OB in addition to the module.Thanks LoganK622! And that is awesome you found module for so cheap, I am jealous! I am starting to hear some people say they didn't pass the med surg even with the module and it's starting to worry me. Did you use the module and pass? Can I ask how many hours you spent on studying? I feel my brain won't take in information anymore.
Thanks 2012RN for your tip.
- 0Oct 25, '12 by logank622I passed OB with a 94%!! I used a TCN module from 2006, which was a huge help despite its age. I did far better on this test than any others, which is strange because:
1. I have absolutely no interest in OB nursing, which made studying and retention quite a challenge
2. I felt the material was harder than the others (even considering that I'm not interested in OB, it was still harder)
I'm so glad to have those challenge exams done! Next step - applying for Spring 2013!
- 0Nov 2, '12 by NurseK1mI've just passed my last CSM nursing exam Nur224 Nursing for Adults with 86% using the TCN module. Good job logank622, for passing and good luck on apps!
I think the module definitely helped. Literally, if you study the module material and focus on their quizzes and practice exams, you'll pass. I am now waiting for ISU to pre accept me for the LPN-BSN program for Spring 2013.
I'm so excited right now!
Does anyone know how they set you up for clinicals? I already have a location that was under their location list, who have contracts with them, but what do I do now? I really don't want lag time when I start in Spring.