ISU LVN to BSN program California - Page 9Register Today!
- Aug 7, '12 by tothepointeLVNI'm from NZ so we didn't have much of a presence in the Vietnam War so even though I was born slightly after it was only something that came up in movies.
Though if VN did mean that and then they closed the RN schools down that would mean a) the VN's won or b) the RN's no longer needed to create new troops =D
- Aug 8, '12 by InlandnurseLooL you are funny
- Aug 16, '12 by misspinkmeowI was told by a few people that Obama is supposed to be getting a Healthcare bill passed and that is supposed to open up more jobs for nurses throughout the US..
I am not much on politics, but has anyone else heard of this or something along those lines?
I am starting LVN school in a few months and want to do the LVN-BSN program around 2014. I am hoping all this gets better by then.
What do you guys think
- Aug 16, '12 by tothepointeLVNUm is this a joke? Are you honestly just now hearing about this. I don't think it's doing to affect the number of jobs in a position upward manner. There's lots of discussion about this issue if you do a quick search on AN
- Aug 16, '12 by misspinkmeowSorry i didnt mean to upset you...
I dont pay attention to the news much and when the school I am going to told me about this, I wondered who was feeding me more BS, the school or friends?
Quote from tothepointeLVNUm is this a joke? Are you honestly just now hearing about this. I don't think it's doing to affect the number of jobs in a position upward manner. There's lots of discussion about this issue if you do a quick search on AN
- Aug 16, '12 by tothepointeLVNI'm just surprised it been such a drag down knock off fight over healthcare the last 4 years that you didn't hear about it until now
Anyways your school is probably feeding you BS and your friends probably don't know any better.
It may help it might help it might not go through I certainly wouldn't make a decision about that piece of legislation alone.
- Aug 16, '12 by LadyinScrubsQuote from caliotter3calotter3, WGU is a good program but the problem is they have a stale date on lab classes. Any lab over 5 years has to be retaken. Good program otherwise.The WGU prelicensure BSN program has been up and running in southern CA since 2009. You do not have to be an LVN to be accepted, CNA will do, as well as other healthcare occupations. Two benefits of the WGU program are that they have clinical placements arranged by the school and the cost is very reasonable. It remains $4250 for six months of enrollment.
- Aug 17, '12 by Canbyb11Quote from LilWhiteHatHi lilwhitehat... I saw that you are doing the isu program with gen ed. I would need to do the same. I was wondering sonfar how has it been for you since I am considering doing the same. I work full time and have 2 kids, so I know it will be a lot of hard work. I do live in California as well.Hi LadyinScrubs! You rock! You are so helpful and reading your posts make me feel confident that I made the right decision doing the LVN to BSN program through ISU. I live in so cal. Orange county to be exact. I just started the program last week. In fact, I'm starting from no pre-reqs and going through The college network, which I think is totally worth it. Anyways, my concern is clinicals. How can I find out what sites there are? I know it changes from time to time, but it's something I like to find out. Also, I currently work an at acute hospital, could I ask my hospital to precept. me?
- Aug 18, '12 by misspinkmeowI have been out of the medical field for 10 yrs so that's why I was unaware of the new drama... I'm trying to catch up as I am entering the Nursing field IQuote from tothepointeLVNI'm just surprised it been such a drag down knock off fight over healthcare the last 4 years that you didn't hear about it until nowAnyways your school is probably feeding you BS and your friends probably don't know any better.It may help it might help it might not go through I certainly wouldn't make a decision about that piece of legislation alone.
- Sep 3, '12 by lvnrnmd2beIm in Los Angeles and ISU was one of my options but the last few days ive been reading that this program no longer is available, or its on hold ? can anyone confirm? and what happens to all the people who signed up with TCN ?