Indianna State University students in NC - Page 2Register Today!
- Jan 12 by PatMac10,RNVeganLPN,
If the NCBON says that everything thing is ok, then more than likely it is legitimate and is valid somehow. I am positive the BON is aware of the standards, procedures and requirements fir such things, for the most part. However, it never hurts to double check. Here is the link to their website. You can look up the schools that are already licensed there too. Look to the left and click the "Licensed Institutions" Link.
You may have to copy and paste the link into your address bar.
- Jan 12 by VeganLPNSo where does ISU stand with the UNC Board of Governors at this point?
- Jan 12 by PatMac10,RNQuote from VeganLPNIdk. They are not listed as a licensed institution. However, like I stated earlier, you may be in the clear if NCBON gave you the go ahead. I would call and clarify with them. Apparently one way around this thing, at least when it comes to Walden University, is to sign a waiver saying you live in x state, but you will be doing your clinical rotations in a state that borders yours (like SC: I live 20 mins from the border) that doesn't have restrictions on such things. Maybe that will work with USI. Im really not sure. I world really advise to talk more with the school and NCBONSo where does ISU stand with the UNC Board of Governors at this point?
- I'll make some calls today. It is all a bit complex, but this distance ed thing is still new, and really online classes are the only way I can make it work at this time. Some of the clinical locations with current contracts with ISU could not be more perfect for me. I wonder - if this is not legit -how do these locations have contracts in NC to begin with??
Also, if NC has a problem with me taking the NCLEX-RN here, couldn't I just go to Indiana to take it, since they are both contract states??
I really just wish everyone was on the same page, and the info was easier to obtain. Students shouldn't be responsible for navigating these waters. Oh well, just some passing thoughts... off to make a couple of calls. Will let you know what I find out.
- One more thing - lots on my mind this morning - the NC BON specifically lists Excelsior as an online/distance ed program for NC students, yet Excelsior is not on the UNC Board of Governors list. Curiouser and curiouser.
- Messages left at ISU and the NCBON referred me to the NC General Administration office... this is getting to be a headache, but it could be worth it, if I can be assured of my clinical locations. Will let you know what I find out.
- Feb 12 by sks0730Did you ever receive a call back and find out about clinical sites? I live in NC as well and would love to hear what you have found out.
- Feb 12 by mitczakThere are some contracts already in existence in NC - go to Indiana State University : College of Nursing, Health, and Human Services : Clinical Agency List and put NC in the state box....click SEARCH