Moving to Indiana, looking for info on RN payRegister Today!
- by nyki0089 Mar 6I have worked as an ICU RN in Philadelphia, PA and Los Angeles, CA, but I am originally from Northeast IN (Fort Wayne area). I am interested in moving home to be closer to family and very curious to what an ICU RN in the northeast region makes. I have been an ICU RN for 2 years and still have a mound of student loan debt left form college, therefore pay rate will somewhat dictate my decision. When I was looking for jobs as a new grad (2010) I found one in Fort Wayne that wanted to start me off at $16-17/hr.. How accurate is this? I have stuck to the big cities for the pay thus far, but I would like to be able to move home and still afford to pay my bills without living with someone.
Any information would be helpful, THanks
- Mar 8 by SnowboardRNI believe they have raised the pay since then, but that is what is has been for a long time.
Tele starts out at 18.16 in the CHS hospitals in fort Wayne, so I would assume icu would be a bit higher, not sure though.
Fort Wayne pay is super low, for any profession.
- Mar 14 by ang410Base pay in Indianapolis hospitals is about $21-$22/hr.
- Mar 14 by csoultzYep Lutheran starts their new grads at $17/hr. Fort Wayne is one of the lowest paid places to work as a nurse in Indiana.
- Apr 3 by thenursemandyQuote from csoultzThere are too many nursing programs here! I work in LTC making $22.50/ hr. I couldn't imagine working for less than $20 as an RN! Forget that!Yep Lutheran starts their new grads at $17/hr. Fort Wayne is one of the lowest paid places to work as a nurse in Indiana.
- Apr 3 by libran1984Indianapolis area- New Grad RN's start out AROUND $22 and some change an hour. Add about 15-25 cents for every year extra you have under your belt.
- Apr 10 by nyki0089Thanks for the info, I am doing travel nursing right now, I guess I will just stick to this for now.