Ivy Tech - ASN questionRegister Today!
- by Matka Jul 26, '08Hi all,
I'm currently at IPFW working on pre-req's to get into the BSN program. However, I'm thinking of speeding along the process a little bit and applying to Ivy Tech Fort Wayne for the ASN program. (I already have a B.A. and an M.A. in other fields).
I'm wondering how Ivy Tech handles the pre-req's if taken at another school. Does it matter if I take the pre-req's elsewhere and then apply to Ivy Tech?
Any info would be great!
- Jul 26, '08 by kgleI believe Ivy Tech will transfer in credits, but I don't know which ones would count. You would definitely want to contact the registrar's office or a student advisor.
- Jul 26, '08 by IcariaI had credits from two separate colleges accepted by Ivy Tech. They usually need to be within the last 10 years, however you can write a letter to the Dean to reconsider. Good luck on your journey.
- Jul 26, '08 by WickedRedRNI had credits from IUK and IUPUI both, and they all transferred in. As far as I know they have to be within the last 10 years, 7 for some of the sciences.
Best bet is to talk with someone at the Ivy Tech you are thinking of applying to.
- Jul 26, '08 by stupidcancerThere's also a website (TransferIN) that lists all the standard courses from state colleges all over IN and how their credits transfer. You can look up the courses you have and what they transfer to other schools as.