Ivy Tech: Accepted for Spring 2013Register Today!
- by cadymariexoxo Sep 26, '12Hello!
I'm starting this thread to chat with others that havE recently been accepted into an RN/LPN program at Ivy Tech. I got my acceptance letter today from Indy for the RN program. I was so shocked that a. the letter came this early! and b. that I got into INDY I thought for sure I was out of the running with only 167 points. But I got in so who cares (: I am beyond stocked for this orientation meeting on October 23rd! Thought it'd be nice for us to all have a place to come and talk about all the stuff we have to get done before January, tips, suggestions, and anything you've heard about this first semester we are starting pretty soon (:
- 6,241 Views
- Sep 27, '12 by belly326Congratulations caddymarie!!!!
I've been anxiously awaiting my letter to come. I put all my eggs in one basket and applied for the RN program at the Lawrence campus. I checked the mail today, and NOTHING...yet! Maybe tomorrow is my day. If I did the math right, I had a 171, so hopefuly I'll be seeing an acceptance letter too! We might even be in class together! Oh... I'm so nervous. Thanks for posting something. It helped me to breathe a little easier.
- Sep 28, '12 by nrsboobooI got into the Lawrence ASN program as well! I am so excited to be going to nursing school. This is a dream come true I am looking online right now for a list of "materials" we will need our first semester so I can start getting some of it put together. I know they usually bundle our supplies but what can I say, I'm a bargain shopper. If anyone finds a list though I would be super grateful for a link.
Cadymariexoxo and belly326 I can't wait to start classes with you guys this spring!!!
See y'all at orientation!!
- Sep 28, '12 by cadymariexoxoOh I am a bargain hunter as well! I will not be buying my things trough the bookstore or where they suggest. I always find great deals. I have no idea what we need. Let me know what you find! January seems so far away and I am ready to start!
- Sep 29, '12 by J.A.B.,SNI got in at Indy ASN, too!!! My name is Jessica, btw. I think we should get to know eachother now, because I don't know how it is for you all but I have kids at home so I have to stay ON TOP of things or it all goes to shambles!!! lol...good luck and I am excited to see you all at orientation!!!
- Oct 1, '12 by jamlcurtI got my letter Friday! My name is Jamie. I am so excited to get started on this journey. I am with you on the bargin shopping as well. Congrats and I look forward to meeting everyone.
- Oct 1, '12 by JRenihanHas anyone applying to the transition program got their letters yet? I can't tell from the 'letter sent-by' dates when we should be expecting ours and I'm getting nervous. Just checking to see if anyone else out there has received theirs.
- Oct 2, '12 by bburggirlHello,
I was wondering if you all would mind sharing your score. I applied at Lawrence and got a rejection letter today. I'm not sure what to do now....wait and apply again, retake anat 2 (had a B)...forget the whole thing, apply and transfer somewhere else...
I had a total score of 161.
Congrats to all of you!!
- Oct 3, '12 by J.A.B.,SNMy score was around 174. I know the lowest score I've seen so far as acceptance for the LPN program at Lawrence was 160. I applied for entrance to the ASN program this fall with two B's in anatomy and a 84.7 on my TEAS and did not get in. I had to retake both Anatomy classes this summer to get A's. I'm sorry to hear about the "rejection" letter; it is disappointing, I know. Just stick with it and you will get to where you want to be.
- Oct 3, '12 by jamlcurtI had a 171 and got into ASN. So if you retook your Anat that would give you those extra 10 points. Keep trying you'll get there!