how much Indiana nurses make - page 10
by nurseluv9 | 111,784 Views | 150 Comments
hi everyone.. Im planning to get into the nursing world,i just wnna ask how much they make an hour just to give me an idea of the salary.Thank oyu so much.....be right here waiting...... Read More
- 0Jan 10, '07 by ITsurvivor06Yooper my understanding is that a graduate nurse is one who has graduated but is not yet licensed. Only from joining this site yesterday and reading posts have I learned that Indiana does allow graduates from RN programs to work pre-license, but not PN grads. Can anyone tell me why? Just curious....
- 0Jan 10, '07 by WickedRedRNI don't really know the answer for it, I believe it depends on the facility. I know I went into corrections and they consider me a GPN until I pass my boards. Basically I am on indefinite orientation until I take boards. If I pass, I continue on doing what I am doing. If I fail, I get demoted down to a tech until I pass.
I have a couple of friends from school who's employers moved them to a GPN/orientee position when we graduated, and a few who's employers will not use them as anything other than tech positions until they pass boards.
- 0Jan 16, '07 by cookingnurseI have been a nurse since 1992. I work 3 different places. My base income in the hospitals is around 23.50 - 24.20. plus shift differential. call pay is 2/hr. When I worked home care for a Magnet hospital I made 30/hr due to the special things I did like CPR instructor, BSN, wound care & JACHO projects. I worked for an oncology office 2 years ago & made 22 / hr with lots a perks. I work in northern Indiana in the boonies and am able to travel & live well on my salary.
- 0Jan 23, '07 by mcoffman9I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the Deaconess (chamberlain) college courses and program. Are the courses easier to take with them or someone else. How hard was it to go away for their four day clinical review? And would it be better to clep there main courses??? Please advise, Thank you. Shelly
- 0Quote from studentnurse74Community hospitals have a user-friendly website. ECommunity.comCheck out Clarian hospitals. I think the site is www.clarian.com (or org?). They are Methodist, IU, and Riley hospitals all downtown Indy.
They also have 12 and 15 week assignments if you are interested in short term obligations
- 0Quote from rnbackagainI have worked for Community for 2 years. Pretty good organizationa and they pay very well.I live about an hour from Indy! (noticed that is where you are from). Community Hosp is holding a 7 month training program for nurses interested in the OR. I am going to check it out. I have never worked at any of the Community hospitals. Are you familiar with them or this program?