Any University of Indianapolis students? - page 4
If so, i'd like to ask you a few questions........ Read More
- 0Jan 1, '12 by Poodlemom73Quote from ljr1212Hi there fellow inspiring U of I student! I too am starting in the spring and we are taking the exact same classes! I got my books through Barnes & Noble.com because the bookstore prices are insane. I still got new books due to being leary of not having all the right things but it was still almost half what it would have been through the bookstore. Order soon though because some of the books may be on backorder! My math book came Friday and my A&P book is due to arrive on Tues. Good luck to the both of us for making it into clinicals in August 2012!!!So great to read all these positive comments about the University of Indianapolis! I too am starting classes at UIndy. I am transferring also from Ivy Tech. I will be taking A&P over as it didn't transfer, thankfully my other classes did. I will also be taking Discovery Math class. I am hoping to get into the asn nursing program in august 2012!! I have some co-workers who got their nursing from UIndy and there are great nurses and think highly of this school, so I think its a good choice. My only concerns are figuring out how to come up with the funds for the tuition. But I know that it will work out somehow. I hope that all of you are still loving the program. Does anyone have any advice for me as to where to purchase my textbooks? I was going to buy used but they don't come with the CD and I am afraid I might need that for the class, so leary about doing used or rental for that reason. Thanks for any insight you may have for me
- 0Jan 9, '12 by ljr1212Quote from Poodlemom73Hello! Thank you for your reply! I purchased my math book used and decided to rent my A&P book so I hope that will be sufficient for these classes. I am so hoping to get into the August 2012 clinical asn program. Do you know if there is a test that we have to take prior to applying? I believe that I read that they will begin accepting application in Feb. Good luck to you, I wish you all the best!!! Are you from Indy? I will be commuting from Columbus.Hi there fellow inspiring U of I student! I too am starting in the spring and we are taking the exact same classes! I got my books through Barnes & Noble.com because the bookstore prices are insane. I still got new books due to being leary of not having all the right things but it was still almost half what it would have been through the bookstore. Order soon though because some of the books may be on backorder! My math book came Friday and my A&P book is due to arrive on Tues. Good luck to the both of us for making it into clinicals in August 2012!!!
- 0Jan 9, '12 by Poodlemom73Good job with the books! You will probably be fine with the A&P book. We have to take the Kaplan Nursing Admittance Exam before the application process (which I believe you have to do before April 1st). I have the study book and I'm already studying it! Hehe. (if you want a good cheap study guide get it from Barnes & Noble...it was on sale for $11.99 not long ago!) I plan on taking it in March. I'm in Indy. It's great because I only live 15 minutes from campus and my child's daycare is right across the street. Columbus is a haul but it's so worth it to go to a good school. May we have a mild winter so you don't have to have bad driving weather!! Isn't it the Physiology classes that are at night? I was bummed to have to be there so late but at least it seems like a very safe campus. Good luck to you too and may we both be in clinicals in the Fall!!
- 0Feb 7, '12 by FalonHello UIndy Nursing majors So the time has come! I just got the email that the nursing apps are available. Now I just need to take the Kaplan test! I am getting a bit nervous because it is sooo competitive! I'm very anxious to start clinicals even though it's still 6 months away (hoping for Fall 2012)! How's everyone holding up? Does anyone have any idea of what the average GPA for acceptance is? I know that there are only about 58 spots available and I know that there a far more applicants than that BEST OF LUCK TO ALL!!
- 0Aug 28, '12 by WanderingRN2BeGood morning all! Just wanted to touch base with some UIndy people. Yesterday was the first day of my 201 semester. Med Surg. Books are HUGE, tests every week. Clinical rotations in Gero, Renal, and Ortho. Should be an interesting term, combined with being a leader for our Community Service Learning projects, as well as being class rep for the 3rd semester in a row. 9 months to go before graduation. Can't wait to be done with this program so that I can move on!
Hope everyone else is well!