Alternate list for nursing program..anyone?
- 0Sep 19, '07 by montinurseHi all! I am very excited to see my letter today from Ivy Tech (LPN to ASN mobility). At my campus, they're accepting around 30 students..
Anyone been on the list and been accepted? or not? Just curious as to the odds of me getting in. The letter said that if "an accepted student" becomes unable or withdraws, then I will be called. Does that mean I'm at the top of the list? or do they say that in all the alternate letters? or are there only a few alternates?
Thanks for the advice, Jenny
- 3,816 Views
- 1Sep 19, '07 by WickedRedRNHi Jenny!
First off, congrats on making the list!! I am not sure what campus you are going to? Anyway, I got in to the transition program in Logansport and was an alternate on the list. One of my friends made it into the Columbus transition program as an alternate as well.
One of my best buddies during the LPN program was an awesome student, I found out just before pinning she had been on the alternate list too.
Best of luck, I know from experience sitting on the list waiting for the call is nerve wracking, but your chances are good.
- 0Sep 24, '07 by montinurseLori-you got your ASN from Logansport? Is it a full time program? I live in Monticello....Logansport is actually closer for me. Is their program part time? or full time days? And when do they start the transition? I guess I could check out the website.
I talked to the program head the other day, I'm number 3 on the list. So...I think they accept 30 transition students. I have a one in 10 chance of making it.
I didn't do spectacular on my TEAS (80), and had B's in alot of PN classes. My english (B) transfered in, so they only accept C's on transfer credits. I am a hard worker, made it to every single class, and studied for every single test. If only they judged the competition on loyalty and hard work and not points. Ha! Oh well, I'm glad they I made the list. I really didn't think I had a shot this year, I don't know whether to be happy or what!
Thanks again for the info-I'll keep ya informed
- 0Sep 24, '07 by WickedRedRNI start the transistion program in Logansport in October. (they have an odd start date compared to the other campuses, but I did not have to attend the pharm class as mine is current enough..hallelujah!) We are the first LPN to ASN transition class at Logansport, so it is a new program for them. They have a traditional ASN program as well. I got my LPN through Ivy Tech in Columbus. Logan is my hometown, but I am in Indy right now, so the commute is going to be brutal but doable.
I was not a stellar performer on the TEAS, 78 overall, but I had 2 A's and 2 B's in prereqs. I had pretty much decided if I did not get the call to start I was going to retake the ones I had B's in and retake the TEAS too.
I wish you the best, being #3 on the list is a good place to be in. I was #3 as well and made it in. You never know how many applied to multiple campuses or had a change in life situation/plans.
- 0Oct 22, '07 by WickedRedRNI start officially next week, I go 2 days a week from 8-3 for the clinical portion, but I am also carrying my last pre-req (Advanced Physio) which is on Tues from 8-3. Thankfully the Physio is almost done, 6 more weeks of it.
I am looking forward to it, although I am nervous. I just had to step down from my position at work so I can attend clinicals. I am nervous over the cut in pay, but I know it will all be worth it in the end.