Southern Illinois anyone?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Southern Illinois anyone? in Illinois Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... No, not Peoria, I'm talking Southern Illinois. Anyone from Effingham, Salem, Marion, Carbondale,...by Noimanurse Nov 22, '10No, not Peoria, I'm talking Southern Illinois. Anyone from Effingham, Salem, Marion, Carbondale, Anna, or Cairo? Just wondering about any issues from our part of the state? I work in a small community hospital, yes, small, we have a med/surg floor, same day surgery, and even an ER. We all seem to work well together for the most part and get things done or at the very least ship'em out. Whats shakn' 618.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=517776©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,382 Views
- Nov 28, '10 by traumaRUsWell, my hubby lives in the 618 area but I live in the 309 area. I know Alton Memorial always seems to be hiring. I work in the 309 and 815 areas.
- Nov 28, '10 by NoimanurseWell, for the most part I'm fine with where I work presently, but I am trying to find some part-time/prn type of work in different areas to allow different learning experiences. I keep thinking about going for my masters, but when I get close to pulling the trigger I get lazy and put it off, so I figure if I could at least get different experiences at a part-time job I could learn while getting paid.
I was also trying to find other nurses in my area to share ideas with, thanks for the reply, I look forward to communicating more.
- Nov 30, '10 by traumaRUsNice to meet you.
If you are even thinking of getting your MSN, you might want to think about joining ISAPN - IL Society of Advanced Practice Nurses. We are pretty active advocating for issues important to APNs in IL
Might give you the impetus to get started - lol.
- Nov 30, '10 by NoimanurseThank you for the information!
- Dec 14, '10 by Bob-rnHello to everyone, I'm from 618: About 45 miles southeast of St. Louis. I work at St. Johns in St Louis. I am currently going to school for APN.
- Dec 15, '10 by traumaRUsWelcome Bob - that's kinda of a haul to get to work, isn't it? Of course you don't get the snow that we 309'ers get - lol.
- Dec 16, '10 by Bob-rnTrip takes about an hour (depending on traffic). As I get older I am less tolerant of the snow, so I'm happy with what we get, and let you 309ers brave it out. St Johns has been good to me, hired me when the market was saturated with RN's and over the years has given me some opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Dec 16, '10 by traumaRUsMy husband lives in 618 and I drove the usual 3 hour drive in 6 hours thru the snowstorm last Sunday with our 4 y/o grandson in the car. What a wild drive: I-55 was closed between Springfield and Lincoln, then I got on Rte 67 and dang, there was an accident.
- Dec 16, '10 by Bob-rnI went back and read earlier post, YOU LIVE IN 618 but WORK IN 309? Last nights trip home took almost 2.5 hours had to stop and scrap freezing rain off of the windshield a few times, plus the max speed of 25 mph wasn't any fun either. I see you are an APN...I'm about halfway through getting ready for the dreaded clinicals this summer. It seems that a lot of preceptors are burnt out and want a break. At first I thought it was me but there are a bunch of us struggling and same with a few from different schools.