South Suburban College Nursing Program 2011 - page 3
I recently applied for the Spring 2011 Nursing Program at South Suburban College and was Accepted! I am Extremely excited but at the same time nervous. Don't know what to expect! Any feedback will be appreciated! Thanks:D... Read More
- 0Oct 7, '11 by MamahereHey all! I just finished my hesi a2 today with an overall cumulative of 85 (my lowest was 79 in vocab) I am hoping I'll get into the nursing program at south sub and I think I will I have all A's in my other classes with the exception of psy 211 so my gpa is good! Does anyone have any other advice is there any pre reading or things you can do to prepare? I've listened to some friends and taken the medical terminology and nutrition classes but I have to say my teachers were not all that great so I don't feel like they benefitted me at all! Any help would be so greatly appreciated!
- 0Oct 9, '11 by kmit134Quote from MamahereMamahere--how was the exam? I am taking it on Tuesday and am freaking out!! I'm not even sure what to study for, everyone is telling me something else as far as what is actually in SSC's exam.. any advice would be *VERY* appreciated!!!Hey all! I just finished my hesi a2 today with an overall cumulative of 85 (my lowest was 79 in vocab) I am hoping I'll get into the nursing program at south sub and I think I will I have all A's in my other classes with the exception of psy 211 so my gpa is good! Does anyone have any other advice is there any pre reading or things you can do to prepare? I've listened to some friends and taken the medical terminology and nutrition classes but I have to say my teachers were not all that great so I don't feel like they benefitted me at all! Any help would be so greatly appreciated!
Good luck and Congrats on good scores! I'm sure you will get in and do great!!
- 0Oct 9, '11 by latinadreamI would Like to say I made it through my first semester of nursing school!!!!Which was definately not easy. It was rather VERY stressful but well worth it. I am currently in second semester and the weeks are flying by. I only have 2 classes at the moment since I did take Patho I during this summer which was one of the best choices i could have made This semester is so less stressful just because of that. (so I would encourage everyone to take advantage of that opportunity if it is given to you). I am slowly getting adapted to the Studying and Reading millions of pages a week it now comes natural to me and i believe Nursing is like a puzzle as the days and weeks go by I began to put the puzzle together and it all makes more sence to me. I feel that some of the time the program could be no very well organized (considering the fact that we do not have a permanent Dean at the moment) but we need to learn to put a positive attitude to any situation that we might present and move ahead because falling behind will only hinder us from obtaining our goal which is walking across that stage. Yes it TRUE I sometimes don't put enough attention to my 3 kids and don't spend enough time with my husband but I look at it as a temporary situation that Im only doing to benefit our family! its not easy but when people ask me how are things going i simply reply "its going"! Nothing worth while obtaining is easy in this life there are certain sacrifices we will have to make and adjust to. I feel sometimes that alot of the students at SSC only complain about the teacher and complain but at times I feel they do it out of frustration to let their anger out for the stress the program puts on us we need to let go of that negative vibe and get down to business. We met with the temporary Dean a couple days ago and she did mention that Second semester was the HARDEST semester and if you get through it you will get through the rest of the program.. that was soo stress relieving. I have constantly high expectations of myself and sometimes that could be so stressful because getting an A in all of these tests i have come to realize is IMPOSSIBLE. I will just keep a smile on my face and keep on going...
About the HESI or entrance exam to the program is not Difficult At ALL. I barely studied for that test and got very good scores overall. I did purchase the Hesi book study guide in the bookstore 2 weeks or so before my testing schedule and that seem to refresh my memory alot and it did help.
keep in touch people through this forum or at school we need the support
- 0Oct 9, '11 by KuffySecond semester was a kicker... congrats for you on passing first semester.... I remember sitting in 112.. the final in front of me.. and just crying.. I needed a 86 to pass the class.. all down to one test to decide my fate.. I pasted with a 92 but still the stress is outragous. 3rd semster is no different, with the exception of ob.. Im stoked for OB.. Ped's Ill be crying the entire 4 weeks.. 8 days of hell. me children and illnesses dont mix and I have a half dozen kids!...
but good luck, you sound like you are very very well adjusted to life at SSC.. good luck Latinadream
- 0Feb 20, '12 by tsaffoldQuote from KuffyHey Kuffy,so.. is nursing school everything we said it would be??? HOw are you holding up? I know you are not in clinicals yet, but you will be soon... dont forget to study study study!
Oooh Weee you ain't never lied. 1st semester was a catastrophe, I had the worst 105 theory instructor she was not good and only taught for that one semester we had to teach ourselves. With faith and prayer I made it to the second semester. GOD is GOOD. For 103 I had intials R.H, she was awesome teaching that class. I am now taking Med surg initials (B.P) I love her. Patho with same teacher I had for 103 and Pharm I'm taking it online with (K.V) and she's the worst. She responds to our blogs when she wants to. So far I am doing well, keeping the faith, no life for another year yet at times I do give myself some me time. Good Luck to you, pretty sure you'll be graduating soon :-)
- 0May 24, '12 by tsaffoldHI Kuffy,
Well I made it to 3rd semester come this fall (GOD IS GOOD). I'm excited but yet nervous I have patho for 16 weeks and Med surg for the 1st 8 wks. Pharm 2nd semester end up working out S/O to (KV) she was awesome after all. Congrats to you i'm pretty sure you have graduated already. Any pointers as to what I should expect for 3rd semester?