Resurrection University Fall 2012 Applicants - page 27
Hi all, I am new here and have found the forum to be very informational. I decided to start a thread for Resurrection's fall 2012 applicants. I think it would be good to keep in touch throughout the process, so if you have any... Read More
- 0Oct 24, '12 by PrayToTheUnicornI know there is an open house in April at the new location, however you'd probably have applied by then. So my suggestion would be to go ahead and submit your app even with a few courses outstanding, because once you're app is in the system you can still add to it and finish it up, but you'll also go and meet with an admission counselor for a transcript review. Call admissions too. The ladies in there are sooooo helpful and will know!
- 0Oct 24, '12 by maddiemI was finally able to find the area of the website that had the moving updates and everything...It looks awesome! It will be about a 45 minute drive for me, but I think it would be worth it I really want to go! I'm going to be applying for the spring 2014 term (so a little over a year from now). At my community college, if you didn't place into college level math you have to take 2 developmental math courses. I'm doing both next semester and they're both 8wks long - I was bad at math in high school and haven't taken it in college yet...and I'll be taking micro. Over the summer I'll take foundations of math. And then in the fall I'm going to take chem, stats, and the computer class - and this will be the semester I'll be applying. I know they say its okay to have one outstanding science course when you apply to the program as long as you send your midterm grade, but is it okay that I'll still be working on 2 other courses when I apply? I'm really pushing myself to get A's in my remaining classes because I want the guaranteed admission and be super prepared for the TEAS test.
- 0Oct 24, '12 by PrayToTheUnicornThere are people who apply with a science outstanding as well as another one or two courses. It's best if everything is done but if you're finishing it all up, it's ok. However, they will not evaluate and consider your application until ALL items are completed. You might want to take all your transcripts you have now, as well as the classes you plan on taking and go meet an admissions person to make sure you'll have everything you need and if it transfers equally. They will help you come up with a game plan.
- 0Nov 3, '12 by maddiemJust an other question...I'm planning on retaking 2 courses that are for my gen eds - Ethics and US History. My grades in those courses weren't very good and it could really raise my GPA if I retake them and get A's (which I know I can). I took them my first semester of college and I was working full time and really didn't know what I wanted to do as far a major yet. Have any of you retaken courses? Would RU be okay with me retaking these courses? Thanks!
- 0Dec 9, '12 by deshieldAll books available for First Semester (Both term A and B) at Resurrection University for one GREAT flat fee. You can pick them up from me at home, or we can arrange to meet at or outside of the school. Let me know if you are interested (firstname.lastname@example.org). Need to make room for the next semester's texts