Online RN-BSN/MSN legit?Register Today!
- by vladak86 Sep 13, '11I am a nursing student working towards my ADN. I am very interested in completing my BSN or MSN after I get my RN license. Are ONLINE RN-BSN/MSN programs considered "legit" when looking for a job? Or do they want you to attend the campus and get hands on experience? I also have a Bachelor's degree in Psychology. Does that help?
- Sep 15, '11 by traumaRUsAs long as the school is accredited you should be fine. I did an ADN to BSN then MSN all online - no problems.
- Sep 18, '11 by vladak86@traumaRUs, wow that's excellent! Congratulations! If you don't mind, please tell me which online programs/schools you were enrolled in and how long did it take to complete your MSN. (I know that it depends if you're full time or part time.) Thank you for your advice!!!
- Sep 19, '11 by renee1126I got my BSN online through Chamberlain. Great program and no it isn't a problem when applying for jobs. There are no clinicals when going from RN to BSN, but to get your masters might be a different story. I would be weary of on online MSN program, unless they have clinicals incorporated into the program. Good luck!
- Sep 22, '11 by traumaRUsI did both the ADN to BSN and BSN to MSN via University of Phoenix. The BSN took me 18 months and the MSN was another 12 months. Both full time.