Need license renewal helpRegister Today!
- by slvroman1 Mar 13, '12I have a current Illinois active RN license. It runs out in May of this year. I have not worked in 9 years but have kept my license active. What do I need to do. I now see there are CEd's required. I feel overwhelmed and not sure where to start? I want to keep my license active in case I ever need to return to work. I am a SAH mom right now. Please help,
- Everytime I call IDPR, I either get a busy signal or I am on hold FOREVER!!!
- What is the BON?
- Board of Nursing? What is their number?
- Mar 13, '12 by netglowYou can find everything online that you need to know. You should not need to call.
- Mar 13, '12 by KelRN215The requirements in every state and the Board of Nursing's phone number in every state are different. Look up the Illinois Board of Nursing, there will be somewhere on the site where it will tell you the requirements for license renewal.
In Massachusetts, 15 CEUs are required with every renewal- every 2 years. You can find a ton of CEUs online.
- I have searched online and have not found needed info for my specific situation.
- I didn't know about the cec's and now I know I won't be able to have the 20 hours required by license renewal which is in two months.
- I don't want to end up having to retake me NCLEX