Need license renewal help - Page 3Register Today!
- Mar 13, '12 by KelRN215Quote from slvroman1After you take them you print the certificate that says you have done it. I don't know about the rules in IL, but in MA you don't let anyone know you have done it. If you renew your license and you get audited, you have to provide proof that you have completed your CEUs (by providing the board with the certificates you received at the end). If you don't complete your CEUs by license renewal time, you cannot renew your license. You have to sign something acknowledging that you have completed the required CEUs when you renew your license.Wow, being out of the loop for years can really cause confusion! :spin: I was thinking that the CE's were a class I would have to take. I checked out nurse.com, what happens after I take the CE and how do I know which one my state accepts and who do I let know that I have done it?
- Mar 14, '12 by snuggles49The state of Illinios is just now requiring CEU's ?? Hard to believe. I have had to have CEU's for over 10 years to renew and have to renew every 2 years. I have never had to submit CEU's that is only if your board audits you. CEU's would be a good way for you to stay current in the profession since you haven't been working. Good Luck
- Mar 14, '12 by mds1yep, I looked it up online... several states require this and I think it is a good idea. My state doesn't, but I generally work on some all year just for my info and education.
- Mar 14, '12 by netglowQuote from snuggles49Hey it's ILLINOIS, what'dya expect, LOL. My state is just full of failure these days.The state of Illinios is just now requiring CEU's ?? Hard to believe. I have had to have CEU's for over 10 years to renew and have to renew every 2 years. I have never had to submit CEU's that is only if your board audits you. CEU's would be a good way for you to stay current in the profession since you haven't been working. Good Luck
- Mar 15, '12 by MrChicagoRNIllinois accepts any CEU accepted by any other state BON.
Keep a log and all your certificates. When you renew, you attest that that you've completed the CEU.
You may be audited, meaning you then just supply them the proof of CEU earned.
- Apr 8, '12 by chicagomalenurseI had to get my ceus with some coworkers at this one site called illinoisnurseceu.com. Was pretty easy but of course had to do at lof reading. Im definitely not going to wait the last minute to do my ceus next time
- Apr 15, '12 by MrChicagoRNnurse.com has enough free ceu to earn your credits
- Oct 3 by MarielRNHello everyone! I passed my US licensure exam last August 2012, I am still here in the Philippines and will not be able to renew my license next year because they require SSN upon renewal.
I think I will not be in the US in 5years time due to retgrogression. I am concerned because the lady from IDFPR told me that if I am not physically practicing my nurse license in the US for more than 5 years even though I am an active registered nurse in the Philippines, I have to re-take my licensure exam! Can somebody please clarify this to me? What do I have to do in order for me not to retake my NCLEX exam? Thank you!Last edit by MarielRN on Oct 3 : Reason: additional details :)