nclex test limitations in IllinoisRegister Today!
- by bt92019 Jun 14, '06Hi,
I want to know that how many times can you take nclex-
rn exam from state of illinois? Is there any time limitations?means only 3 or 5 times?
I know one thing is that if you take it & if you don't pass within 3 yrs from the date of your application then you have to do some required refresher courses. can someone please let me know that within 3 yrs of the application, how many times can you take nclex?
- 4,673 Views
- Jun 14, '06 by JoliePlease check with IDPR for current information. When I graduated 20 years ago, the limit was 3 tries. After the 3rd failure, the candidate had to complete remedial coursework in order to be eligible to test again. That was back in the pencil and paper days, so things may have changed since then. On a positive note, I've never known anyone who failed a third time.
- Jun 14, '06 by EricJRNHere's the link. I don't see anything about a specific number of times you can take it.
- Jun 18, '06 by newrn753 tries for me. took it in st louisthey said I could take it every 45 days(8 times a year) thank god I didn't need that many tries!
- Jun 19, '06 by rninmeWhen I took boards in IL in 2002, the limit was 3 times. After that, you had to take a remedial course before you could test again. Things could have changed???!!! Agree with above post....contact IL Department of Professional Regulation.